Walt Disney TelevisionHouston, TX
This was removed by the employer on 11/5/2020 6:24:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Media Administrator jobs in Houston-TX
Search all Media Administrator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Media Administrator? Job Summary:
The Media Administrator is responsible for coordinating timely media ingest and file processing activities for Disney Channel Networks, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic Networks and ABC Television Network content. The position reports to the Media Operations Manager. A successful candidate in this role must have the ability to self-motivate and work in a detail oriented and fast paced multi-network environment. The person will interact with many internal and external WDT partners such as Mastering, Servicing, Marketing, Programming, Ad Sales, Synergy, Broadcast Operations, Non-Linear Distribution, Content Security, Traffic, Radio Disney, S&P and Media Engineering. Candidate must maintain a high level of customer service at all times. The role requires performing day-to-day office tasks, metadata entry/validation, working with licensor vendors, coordinate file delivery, communicate specs, work with post production personnel to perform edits of acquired content and assisting with physical tape vault library management.
• Assist in processing and management of media assets in a results-driven environment
• Assist in WDT MAM ingest activity and tracking, as well as ingest activity that may occur outside WDT MAM
• Perform deliveries of media using Mediator, Jellyroll, Aspera and Media Monorail
• Perform metadata validation and entry when necessary
• Be a subject matter expert in all department databases and software (Xytech MediaPulse, Mediator, Jellyroll, etc.).
• Utilize departmental databases and software to perform research, order media assets, manage physical asset inventory and facilitate distribution, ingest, loan and/or archival of assets
• Administrator will work closely with third party and internal physical tape vault library personnel
• Process all client requests for ingest and duplication of assets – both physical and digital duplication
• Run reports for metrics and content security verification of all client requests
• Work with 3rd party vendors to coordinate file delivery of acquired content
• Perform light media validation and content prep duties
• Be a part of a strong, high functioning team that is able to effectively and efficiently execute assignments
• Ensure the prompt resolution of high level issues related to file integrity, media attributes, and content compliance
• Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and assist in documenting department processes
• Have an attitude of continuous improvement
• Assist manager in developing, maintaining and enforcing media management, storage and content security policies
• Liaison with various WDT departments and provide a high level of customer service
• Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
• Must be a team player with exceptional communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
• Strong understanding of audio/video file formats, television standards, film formats, codecs, bitrates, frame rates, video resolutions, aspect ratios, broadcast audio configurations and electronic delivery technologies
• Knowledge of media processing tools including Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, QuickTime Pro, MacCaption, Mediator, Compressor and video tape formats including D5, D2, DVC Pro, HDCAM SR, Digital Betacam, Betacam SP
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products and working knowledge of Xytech products
• Must work well with little or no supervision and have a strong attention to detail
• Strong understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
• Bachelor's degree required or relevant work experience
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.