Executive Director, Alternative Series
Walt Disney TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2021 5:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Director, Alternative Series jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Executive Director, Alternative Series postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Director, Alternative Series? Executive Director, Alternative Series, Freeform (DGE)
At Walt Disney Television, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills…
The Freeform Original Programming team is seeking a qualified candidate for an Executive Director, Alternative Programming role. In this role the Executive Director will represent Freeform in the support of all aspects of all Alternative development, series production, launch, sustain, etc.
The Executive Director, Alternative Series for Freeform will be responsible for creative oversight of all facets of development and production, such as evaluating and giving notes on treatments, cuts, casting, as well as post-production. Duties also include working closely with all internal Freeform departments (talent, programming, social media, brand management, and marketing) to keep everyone apprised of each series. This person will liaison with agents, managers, and the creative community to identify potential showrunners and directors for every project
• Implement the creative strategy as defined by the EVP Programming and the VP Alternative to grow unique, compelling, and Freeform brand-appropriate content
• Develop strong relationships and work very closely with executive producers to deliver the highest quality content for the Disney platforms
• Oversee development and current production of multiple Alternative series per season
• Develop and maintain relationships with talent (producers, directors, showrunners, editors)
• Interface with studio and production executives on series production issues
• Partner with network department on series launches, stunts, press, marketing and general programming needs
• Be the liaison and resource for other Freeform departments on various issues
• Spearhead problem solving and crisis management resolution with studio and outside producers on all production and programming issues
• Track competitive development/programming of documentaries, docuseries, alternative programs tracking interests, values and pop culture.
• Prepare internal moving forward documents as needed in preparation for each series' greenlight and subsequent season pickups
• Attend focus groups as needed
• Special projects and assignments as required
• Other duties as assigned
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in Alternative and/or Nonfiction series
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Alternative and/or Nonfiction development and production processes
• Strong existing relationships with production companies, agents, directors, showrunners, producers, etc.
• Demonstrated creative and development skills
• Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management
• Ability to multitask and manage complex projects
• A knowledge and excitement for Freeform's original series
• Experience developing and maintaining Alternative and/or Nonfiction series
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.