Executive Assistant - Media Relations
Walt Disney TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2019 4:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Executive Assistant - Media Relations jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Executive Assistant - Media Relations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Assistant - Media Relations? Job Summary:
Provides administrative support for department head including general office organization.
Adds value by supporting the publicity team.
• Administrative expert in the office of the SVP; primary office management contact and the specialist in all administrative needs for the department
• Routinely and proactively organizes and optimizes the department processes to help improve team workflow
• Manages incoming phone calls
• Maintains SVP's calendar to ensure an on-schedule, on track work environment
• Coordinates daily meetings and related logistics (booking room space, handling A/V)
• Creates PowerPoint and Keynote PR presentations and event recaps
• Handles travel arrangements and expense reports for SVP
• Maintains department databases, lists and press information and other sites
• Assists department colleagues with status reports, research, logistics, transcribing and proofreading
• Assists in facilitating vendor setup, PO & invoice processing
• Assists publicists in researching, planning and occasionally at press events
• Compiles weekly team communications report
• Supports team with share sites such as Box, Teams and PIX
• Excellent cross-functional interpersonal skills and positive attitude
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
• Proficiency in collaboration with colleagues at multiple levels
• Self-motivated and interested in contributing above and beyond basic job duties
• Strong attention to detail in managing calendar windowing, travel time, and attendee confirmation for meetings
• Solution-oriented - an individual who continually strives to improve processes and anticipate business needs
• Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines while working on multiple projects
• Excellent time management
• Knowledge of Publicity workflows and production practices
• Capability to remain calm in fast-paced, deadline situations
• A minimum of 3 years work experience as an assistant for a VP and above in a corporate, entertainment, TV, agency or related field
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
• Interest in keeping up with new technology
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.