Executive Assistant, Freeform
Walt Disney TelevisionBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant, Freeform (Walt Disney Television)
At Walt Disney Television, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the SVP of Programming & Development for Freeform. Responsibilities include executive scheduling, travel, expense reports, meeting setup, event planning and other administrative support as needed. The position requires someone who has a professional communication style, pays close attention to detail, has great organizational skills, and the ability to juggle multiple high priority requests and meet tight deadlines. It requires a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, professional decorum to represent and interface with senior executives both inside and outside the Company. Ideal; candidates should have pose, strong communication and represent the executive office. Seeking candidates who are self-starters able to anticipate needs and handle confidential information, offer creativity to initiate enhancements and maximize work products, drive work products and showcase action-oriented follow-through, master technology and a variety of computer programs, be flexible with work schedule and meet impromptu demands.
• Provide day-to-day administrative support for the SVP, Programming and Development
• Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, screening and routing phone calls, managing schedule, processing expense reports, and ensuring timely and effective communications
• Provide additional office support such as distributing mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents, ordering supplies, and processing purchase orders
• Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of business travel, including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, and remote support of executives who are out of the office
• Create PowerPoint and Keynote presentations
• Pull reports and maintain databases
• Support special projects, promotions, events, and/or programs, as needed
• Interface with various Disney departments and external organizations
• Participate in secretarial team, providing backup to other assistants and contributing to common administrative duties
• A minimum of 2 years administrative experience supporting senior level executives in a corporate environment preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Approachable style and ability to effectively and professionally interface with high level executives, clients, employees and business associates both internal and external
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Proven experience in multi-tasking and working with multiple people and priorities, while delivering on high quality results and follow through
• Demonstrates curiosity, business acumen and a desire to understand the 'big picture'
• Demonstrated flexibility and professionalism in an environment where change is constant
• Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
• Self-starter, with ability to work with limited supervision, exercise good judgement, anticipate issues and proactively problem solve
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficient in using PCs and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and Outlook), as well as SAP
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.