Event Integration Specialist
Walt Disney TelevisionThe Woodlands, TX
Full Time Job
The Event Integration Specialist will work rotational shifts to support 24 hour / 7 day a week media network operation. Their primary responsibility will be to provide direct control and oversight of live to air broadcast events on the Disney Media Networks. This may include Disney Channel Networks, FX Networks, National Geographic Networks, and ABC Television Network and all related streaming networks. The Integration Specialists are directly responsible for the content integration of all elements in network feeds during live events while ensuring all business needs are being met and protecting our high standard of quality and content being broadcast out to the public.
The Event Integration Specialist will be responsible for highly accurate timing and execution of the insertion of show elements, switches and communications with production, broadcast operations colleagues and management. The Specialists would also take on live edit / show fix workflows ''just in time'' for air. Integration Specialists are highly skilled, experienced positions that should have expert understanding of live television workflows. A successful candidate in this role must be able to maintain a high level attention to detail in high pressure situations often under time constraints.
• Execute live event operations including daily and breaking news programs, sports and special events
• Provide timing counts and calculations for production and broadcast operations
• Execute real time manipulation of automation playlist
• Makes source switches, insert graphical elements and other ancillary content
• Monitor and identify components and quality of the on-air product. This includes measurement of and validation of signal components such as closed captioning, V-Chip, format ratio, graphical placement, and SAP/DVS
• Troubleshooting video, audio, and file technical issues that may arise and be able to recover quickly and effectively while strictly following rules and regulations pertaining to legal requirements, standards and practices
• Maintain recovery expectations via the ability to analyze and recover quickly from emergent issues in high pressure situations to minimize revenue loss
• Express technical and operational issues clearly to support, engineering and management through well written reports
• Provide feedback to management that directly affects the formulation of Standard Operating Procedures
• Flexibility to work all shifts composing a 24/7 broadcast day including swing shifts, overnights, weekends, holidays and special events
• Work constructively and respectfully with fellow team and department members to achieve a common goal while always upholding the values of The Walt Disney Company
• Provide input for the implementation of technological upgrades and projects furthering the vision of the Facility
• 2 years' experience in live broadcast television
• Strong proficiency in live broadcast operations
• Must be able to understand and calculate timecode quickly and effectively
• Expert knowledge of broadcast network operations that may include traffic planning and timing calculation, playlist automation systems, signal flow, measurement tools and signal elements
• Experience operating broadcast video switchers, keyers and/or automation systems
• Understanding of basic video formats (SD, HD, UHD, HD-HDR and video and audio standards (SMPTE).
• Advanced understanding of video routing systems and analysis tools (waveform monitors, rasterizers and audio meters)
• Basic understanding of editing software functions
• Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office (esp. Outlook and Excel)
• Proactive problem-solving and critical thinking skills
• Must be able to communicate calmly and effectively to team while working in high pressure and stressful situations
• Must be self-motivated, organized and communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
• Non-linear editing experience or experience with EVS, Evertz Dreamcatcher or other live edit platforms
• Strong interest in current industry technologies and developments
• Familiarity with streaming media platforms (e.g., Netflix, Fire TV, Hulu, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree or certificate in a field related to media, broadcast, engineering, communications OR equivalent work experience.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.