Director, Content & Brand Insights
Walt Disney TelevisionBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/28/2023 3:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Director, Content & Brand Insights jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Content & Brand Insights postings
Full Time Job
Director, Content & Brand Insights (ABC/DTS)
We are seeking a Director, Content & Brand Insights to oversee all content testing for ABC and Disney Television Studios. This executive will lead primary research efforts for TV series across three prolific Disney Entertainment Television brands (ABC, 20th Television and ABC Signature), consulting with multiple creative teams on salient business questions, crafting bespoke research approaches, and heading a team responsible for delivering timely, actionable audience insights to inform key creative and business decisions. They will have deep expertise in employing quantitative and qualitative methodologies to support series throughout their lifecycles, from pilot testing and marketing testing to longitudinal series maintenance. In addition to title-specific projects, purview will include spearheading broader genre explorations and brand-focused studies.
• Oversight and direction of a high-volume, continuously evolving roster of primary research projects in various stages of completion – including project planning/scheduling, vendor communication, questionnaire design/review, link proofing, robust data analysis, and report/presentation creation. Debrief senior programming and marketing stakeholders about research findings and its impact on content renewal and/or marketing priority decisions.
• Consult with creative teams across development, current programming, marketing and scheduling to identify priority research needs and craft solutions to inform business questions and objectives.
• Lead junior team members by establishing priorities, reviewing work, and assessing adherence to timelines.
• Coordinate with research leader(s) on key research priorities, synergistic opportunities, and cross-team collaborations.
• Review available performance metrics for ABC series and competitive set.
• Stay current on ABC scripted and unscripted series creative.
• Communicate with peers across research org to align on business priorities.
• 8+ years of experience managing content-focused primary research projects in the media/entertainment industry (broadcast/cable/streaming platform, TV studio or network, entertainment research vendor).
• Extensive experience with both quantitative and qualitative primary research methodologies; comfortable navigating complex data sets to craft an insightful narrative.
• Best-in-class storyteller with the proven ability to confidently and concisely present consumer feedback to senior-level executives and creative teams.
• Highly trusted thought partner who can establish and grow relationships with key internal clients and whose expertise as the 'voice of the consumer' is sought out as new business questions arise.
• Strategic problem solver adept at understanding stakeholders' business objectives, crafting an optimized research approach, and producing rich insight within required time frames.
• Self-starter well versed in managing rapidly changing priorities and tight timelines.
• Outstanding verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
• Strong attention to detail and quality.
• Effective collaborator comfortable working with other research groups to create compelling, holistic stories.
• Intellectually curious; open to new and innovative primary research methods.
• Strong understanding of content performance metrics across linear TV networks and streaming platforms.
• Expert understanding of evolving content landscape.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about television content and business.
• Experience with data science and advanced analytics a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Economics, Psychology or Sociology.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $145,040.00 to $199,430.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.