Coordinator - Talent Relations
Walt Disney TelevisionBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Talent Relations Coordinator plays a key role on the Freeform/Walt Disney TV Publicity team by coordinating talent travel, schedules, logistics and invoicing.
The ideal candidate is great at multi-tasking and will possess a positive attitude, professionalism, and be a team player who is able to work collaboratively and efficiently. Exceptional organizational and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines, is also required. Creative thinker with ideas on reaching the network's target audience.
The candidate will coordinate travel needs for talent, schedule hotel, flight, and car service, prepare itineraries and assist with talent visits to Disney properties and parks. Ensures that travel needs are met within the constraints of the company travel policy. Interact with talent and talent representatives.
Works under moderate supervision.
As needed the ideal candidate will also be available to work nights and weekends at our various show publicity events.
• Work closely with LA based Talent Relations Director and other department coordinator to book travel, transportation and accommodations as well as hair, makeup and wardrobe styling for talent.
• Assist with managing special events. Special events include, but are not limited to San Diego and New York Comic Cons, Freeform Summit, the Network Upfront in May and various show specific events.
• Assist the Publicity team with brainstorming publicity strategy and supporting the team at events and appearances.
• Assist with new hire paperwork and the onboarding of hair and makeup vendors.
• Process hair & make-up invoices to ensure timely payments are made.
• Provide support in arranging talent experiences at our Disney Park properties and secure talent for Walt Disney Studio movie premieres.
• Provide support with gifting and special requests for talent.
• Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in the entertainment industry in travel or talent relations.
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to grow and foster internal and external partnerships; work collaboratively with talent and talent representatives.
• Demonstrated writing and presentation abilities.
• Self-motivated, proactive and capable of both working within a team environment and independently.
• Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• A sound work ethic, desire and commitment to accept increasingly greater challenges and responsibilities.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
• Ad hoc departmental assignments as needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working with talent.
• Background of increasingly responsible positions in television media & talent relations.
• Experience working with publicists on campaigns targeting young adult viewers.
• Experience in event management.
• Experience is invoice processing.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.