Associate Principal Counsel - Hulu
Walt Disney TelevisionSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/6/2021 11:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Associate Principal Counsel - Hulu jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Associate Principal Counsel - Hulu postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Principal Counsel - Hulu? Job Summary:
Hulu is looking for a transactions attorney with marketing and advertising experience, including, experience drafting and negotiating agreements relating to the purchase, targeting, measurement and optimization of media across various channels (affiliate, partnership, display, mobile, social, and programmatic) as well as research and analytics. The right person for this role will have strong transactional skills and attention to detail, pragmatic problem-solving approaches and an understanding of the latest developments in internet advertising, data privacy and best practices for marketers. If you are someone who enjoys working at a fast-paced technology and media company on a variety of projects for different stakeholders, then this is a great role for you.
• This position will involve working with and counseling Hulu's marketing teams on a variety of agreements and marketing efforts, with a focus on supporting the subscriber acquisition (media), research and analytics, consumer insights and marketing technology teams. This includes drafting and negotiating agreements with research, survey and other vendors who provide marketing solutions (including for measurement, data matching and analytics), technology and software as a service (SAAS) providers, affiliate networks and DSPs.
• You will also draft and negotiate agreements with publishers, social media networks, streaming TV device platforms and marketing partners for media buys or work with Hulu's agency partners to do so, and review related creative. Media buys may include custom content, experiential activations, native advertising, sponsorships, and new forms of advertising (e.g., AR filters).
• In addition, you may be asked to help support our marketing team on a variety of commercial contracts, including vendor agreements. Expertise in creative, brand, and content marketing is not required, but a sincere interest in learning and a team-player attitude is necessary.
• Keeping up to speed on the latest developments in internet advertising laws, rules and self-regulatory principles applicable to an internet and media company including the standards set forth by the FTC, DAA, NAI and IAB is an important component of the job.
• Minimum of 6 years of total marketing/advertising legal experience in-house (or comparable law firm)
• Substantial understanding of the marketing and online advertising space as well as relevant federal and state consumer protection and data privacy laws and regulations
• Familiarity with the media buying ecosystem, including affiliate marketing, various ad networks, platforms and types of advertising inventory, as well as insertion orders and IAB terms for digital advertising
• Understanding of technology, the internet and use of data for marketing campaigns (e.g., use of beacons, cookies and cookie alternatives across devices, programmatic technologies and matching of datasets)
• Proactive and solutions-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment and assess legal risk vis-à-vis business objectives
• JD or equivalent
• Strong academic credentials
• Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.