VP, Human Resources
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Human Resources (HR) serves as a strategic HR leader for The Walt Disney Studios across diverse parts of our business, inclusive of operational and business support functions (e.g., Studio Operations, Finance, Distribution, Legal, Labor Relations, Business Affairs, and Disney Music Group), as well as leading Organizational Development and Workforce Insights across the full portfolio of the Studios' business. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a combination of strong business acumen and significant Human Resource (HR) functional knowledge to guide the development of HR strategies that will attract, develop, and retain the breadth of talent required to drive client business success. This position requires an individual who can act as a senior consultant to the business, build and execute a strong integrated HR strategy, as well as manage and develop the teams that support each client's unique business needs, culture, and objectives. This leader must cultivate an inclusive culture where there is diversity of thought to drive innovative ideas and where team members can demonstrate their best abilities and deliver meaningful results.
The VP, HR also leads the continuous improvement of the HR Business Partner function in collaboration with other HR executives to build a world-class HR organization with strong employee engagement. As part of the HR executive team, this role requires an experienced perspective based on business and organizational transformation, active collaboration, agility, technical excellence, and the ability to successfully partner with and advise senior business leaders and functional HR leads.
This role will be responsible for enterprise, cross-segment and line of business initiatives that involve complexity and require deep OD expertise, including the ability to consult, coach, and influence senior executives, lead complex business initiatives and collaboratively partner at all levels to:
• Identify and evaluate gaps between current and future performance to develop business focused solutions that sustainably improve enterprise-wide effectiveness.
• Develop strategies for optimizing people, processes, systems, and culture to accelerate business performance.
• Design and implement change strategies to enable business growth.
In close partnership with the senior HR team, build and continuously enhance a high performing Studio HRBP function that is aligned to and fully integrated with the unique requirements of each Studio line-of-business.
• Develop a high performing culture where team members can demonstrate their best abilities
• Identify and adopt the creation and utilization of relevant tools and best practices
Partner with Studio executives to drive business results by engaging in the development and execution of business strategies by defining and aligning integrated HR strategies.
• Identify risks and opportunities across client organizations through predictive modeling tools that capture organizational trends and future events
• Assess organizational performance, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions that support client business goals
• Facilitate the development of business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) to build organizational focus, efficiency, speed and business results
• Serve as a strategic business advisor to executive team on key organizational and management issues
• Develop and integrate D&I strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to employees, customers, consumers and partners
• Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, onboarding, development, performance management, succession planning, talent movement and retention to fuel business growth
• Lead organization design to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting demands
• Develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired sustainable results
• Coach business leaders on employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous development
Design, implement and align an effective and efficient HRBP team to support business strategies. Lead change management activities and provide strong leadership to the team by encouraging diversity of thought, focusing on employee development and performance, and ensuring teams continually acquire new capabilities.
• Lead and develop a successful team, that is positioned as proactive,and trusted thought partners through building relationships and delivering results
• Ensure the ongoing development of HR staff capabilities and talent management
• Ensure teams can deliver core services
Develop collaborative partnerships with HR and functional partners to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs.
• Proactively integrate HR functional partners into client strategies and projects, providing critical coaching and context to enable partners to make effective contributions
• Maintain relationships with Enterprise partners to share and leverage best practices
Lead an internal consulting team of Organizational Development and Workforce Insights practitioners responsible for developing and implementing HR strategies across the full portfolio of the Studios' businesses.
• Effectively partner with Centers of Excellence, aligning priorities and leveraging resources
• Create networks, including HRBPs and functional partners to collaborate on the execution of priorities
• 15 Years of HR generalist or related experience, ideally as a senior HR executive for a multi-functional, multi-line-of-business organization
• 8 Years in leading and developing staff professionals
• Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies
• Relevant experience driving complex org design, talent and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive and contribute to overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing/changing environment
• Strong knowledge and experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions
• Exceptional client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with top executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically
• Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics
• Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human capital implications
• Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions
• Proven experience building an effective, relevant HR consulting group to deliver integrated business solutions to clients
• Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance
• Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners