Supervising Director - Primos
Walt Disney PicturesGlendale, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 4:26:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Supervising Director - Primos jobs in Glendale-CA
Search all Supervising Director - Primos postings
Full Time Job
''Primos'' is an original animated comedy series about a 10-year-old girl named Tater and her extended multicultural Mexican American family. Tater has big dreams, but when her 12 cousins move in for the summer, all her plans are turned upside down.
This is a key leadership role that partners with the Executive Producer, Producer, Production and Creative Executives to execute the creative vision of the show while working within the schedule and budget for the series. The supervising director works closely with the other show leadership while overseeing the episodic directors and artists on the series to manage the process. It is expected that the supervising director has the ability to deal with frequently changing schedules and tight deadlines. This role requires collaboration with and leadership of a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment and can include both long and short form content.
• Leads hand-out meetings for all episodes and comes prepared with any questions, suggestions, concerns keeping in mind complexity, schedule and deadlines. Provides script feedback with a critical eye toward clarification for storyboarding.
• Oversees and partners with the directors to deliver high quality, dynamic storyboards to Editorial.
• Takes on Directing episodes as needed based on the series schedule and staffing plan.
• Communicates creative issues that may impact the schedule and/or budget to the Producer and LP in order to work out solutions in a timely manner.
• Leads checking launches and provides clarification for OS studio questions. Works with the timing directors to ensure the sheets are correct for OS studio delivery.
• Works with Art Director/Production Designer and/or artistic team regarding the artistic direction of the episodes, if requested by EP.
• Provides consistent and timely feedback to the directors and artists working on the show. Works with the EP, Producer, and LP on performance feedback for the Editors and Production Management teams they are working with.
• Oversees the directors and editors in the creation of the Animatics. Completes final Animatic lock with the EP.
• Meets with the Recruiting team to participate in the interviewing and hiring of storyboard artists, revisionists and editors.
• Attends recording sessions, if requested, and directs actors as needed.
• Works with Production Team and Checking to ensure launch information for vendor studio is complete and correct. Leads vendor studio department launches, and provides clarification for vendor studio questions.
• Partners with the EP, Producer, and Production Team to hand out the show to the vendor studio, ensuring that the creative vision and goals of the episode are clear.
• Participates in the Shot Review process, which includes, but is not limited to: reviewing Layout, Animation, and Take 1 footage, calling Retakes, doing draw-overs, and providing any other creative input necessary. Not all Directors will be on the show through the Post process, so some of this may apply only as specifically requested by the EP/Producer.
• Participates in music spotting, ADR spotting, sound effects spotting, mixing, and any other Post Production sessions that may apply. Not all Directors will be on the show through the Post process, so this may apply only as specifically requested by the EP/Producer
• Participates in the Casting discussions for the project, if requested.
• Participates in the Music discussions for the project, if requested.
• Visits the vendor studio with the EP, Producer, and/or LP to ensure production is progressing, if requested.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Story or Animation departments
• Previous Director experience in 2D Animation
• Knowledge of Traditional Animation, CG Animation, Visual Effects and/or Video game production
• Knowledge of software and hardware including Cintiq, Toon Boom Storyboard Pro, Harmony, Maya, Photoshop and/or other applicable storyboarding software
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
• Ability to travel outside of the country
• Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.