Summer Paid Intern - Studio Operations Finance ,
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2022 11:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Paid Intern - Studio Operations Finance , jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Summer Paid Intern - Studio Operations Finance , postings
Full Time Paid Internship
Be a part of something big…
Studio Operations is focused on the execution and delivery of The Walt Disney Studio's feature content. With shrinking timelines and increased complexity of deliverables, we strive to deliver more and faster, without decreasing quality, security or increasing overhead costs. Studio Operations Finance is focused on providing operational support to our business partners to ensure that they have the most efficient and cost effective workflows.
The Studio Operations finance team partners closely with the Studio Operations team to further this mission, ensuring that costs for the business are reported accurately to our clients, while also providing our operators with strategic insights about the financial performance and efficiency of their businesses.
Make an impact by…
• Supporting the budget, forecast, and actual reporting and planning process for Studio Operations
• Reviewing actual costs versus budget/forecast and performing variance analyses
• Developing and updating overhead allocation methodologies
• Creating monthly dashboards of key performance indicators
• Supporting the Operational team by providing SAP/PO account coding support
• Supporting various ad hoc projects: analysis of vendor and rate card spend, identification of cost saving opportunities, identification of opportunities for process workflow improvements, documentation of current workflows, etc.
• Positive attitude and interest in the entertainment industry
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
• Strong project and time management skills
• Detail oriented
• Working toward or recently graduated with a undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Available for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
• Position is in Burbank, CA, but remote work is also an option. If relocating to Burbank, must be able to provide own housing and transportation. If working remotely, must have a quiet work location and reliable internet service.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.