Summer Intern - Animation Studios FrontEnd UI Design
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/7/2020 5:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - Animation Studios FrontEnd UI Design jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Summer Intern - Animation Studios FrontEnd UI Design postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - Animation Studios FrontEnd UI Design? Job Summary:
As a Walt Disney Animation Studios Technology Intern, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with a Disney mentor as you explore all aspects of technology in relation to filmmaking. This immersive program offers hands-on experience focused on individual craft and multidisciplinary team collaboration.
Please note, the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. We will be determining whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months based on government recommendations.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, creative intern to join our Information Services team, with the focus on front-end UX/UI design and development for a component within our studio planning tool. In this role, you will partner with domain experts to develop a deep understanding of workflows in the context of show and studio planning here at Walt Disney Animation Studios. You will be gathering requirements through user interviews, observation, and surveys. You will also be working closely with project leads, engineers, and other stakeholders from initial concept to implementation and refinement.
• A design portfolio is required to be considered for this position. Please include a link on your resume to your online portfolio.
• Experience building clean interfaces using modern UI web development toolkits
• Experience with React, Python, and website design
• Experience with User Research and data gathering
• Experience with prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Figma, or Sketch
• Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
• Ability to collaborate with team members across different disciplines, including directly interfacing with stakeholders to understand requirements
Sophomore, Junior or Senior undergraduate student enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Digital Media, or related field.
• At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
• Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2021- August/September 2021. Interns must be available to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2013's Academy Award®-winning Frozen, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.