Staff Coordinator, Physical Production
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/10/2020 3:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Staff Coordinator, Physical Production jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Staff Coordinator, Physical Production postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Staff Coordinator, Physical Production? Job Summary:
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
WDSMPP oversees live action filmmaking through the various stages of production: R&D, Pre-Production, Shoot, Post, VFX, and Delivery. The physical production group interacts with the filmmakers on a daily basis to solve production challenges, maintain budget & schedule, and ensure studio policies and procedures are adhered to. The Executive Vice President (EVP) of Physical Production oversees the entire department and is the lead executive on each of the assigned films.
• Provide support to EVP on all aspects of physical production.
• Provide support to filmmakers during all phases of production from R&D through Delivery.
• Work directly with Line Producers, Production Supervisors, and Production Coordinators to obtain day-to-day updates during prep and shoot.
• Coordinate weekly meetings with each production, create and distribute agendas, and keep minutes.
• Manage script distribution and script security for each show.
• Maintain timeline-calendars for the entire production slate.
• Screen production and executive Travel Authorization requests.
• Act as liaison between all related departments including Legal, Business Affairs, Risk Management, Production Technology, Franchise, Creative Development, and physical production.
• Maintain Studio policies and procedure manuals and other related materials for the Studio which are distributed to the films.
• Management of incoming materials which include maintaining lists & contracts, databases, researching information, compiling, archiving and securing files.
• Provide administrative support to EVP including: Scheduling meetings, screening phone calls, organizing digital files, and undertaking various research projects.
• Arrange and book travel for crew during R&D and Prep.
• Occasional script analysis required (breakdown sets, cast & location).
• Special projects as required by the production team as needed.
• Miscellaneous departmental duties as needed.
• Background in physical production.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power-point).
• Familiarity with Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting.
• Familiarity with production documentation (e.g. call sheets, one-line schedules, day-out-of-days, production reports, script supervisor reports)
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism.
• Strong assistant skills a must (phones, calendar, contacts).
• Ability to resolve routine issues and raise complex issues to management.
• Ability to work with highly confidential material.
• Strong writing skills: Must be confident to draft official Disney memorandums, required government documentation, and filmmaker endorsements.
• Strong verbal communication: must be confident to have informed discourse with peers, high level Executives, and star talent.
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures Production, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.