Sr Manager, Total Quality Management
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/2/2020 6:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr Manager, Total Quality Management jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Sr Manager, Total Quality Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Manager, Total Quality Management? Job Summary:
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The Sr Manager will manage the programs for on-boarding and quality management of key vendors supporting LTS Global Servicing Operations. The Sr Manager is required to have experience leading a multi-faceted project management team, as well as a strong technical background and understanding of post-production and distribution workflows. The position will ensure the success of ongoing programs such as vendor on-boarding, technology and applications, performance tracking and process improvement. Candidates preferred to have a background in quality management.
The position will lead the Studio Operations Partner Assessment Program, which evaluates the technical operations and project management functions for internal and external partners, to ensure all technical solutions and processes are the best and uphold Disney's quality assurance and ''right-first-time'' delivery requirements. The position will also provide general support in the area of media technology operations and initiatives and represent LTS requirements in technology working groups.
• Effectively manage a small team with a diverse set of abilities and backgrounds toward the goals of the department
• Provide team-building opportunities to encourage members of the team to work out solutions together.
• Assign team members where appropriate to lead projects that have visibility to executive stakeholders
• Organized approach to complex project management. Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies a plus.
• Maintain strong working relationships with the team and related business units
• Provide professional reports and presentations to management and business partners as requested
• Uphold procedures from upper management
• Technical contact person for all production and technology issues requiring support in the absence of Director of TQM.
• Assist management with direct contact with vendors, consumer electronics manufacturers, software creators, industry forums and others to provide technical advice or solutions as required
• Advisor on technical quality assurance process and requirements
• Develop statistical performance measurement methods and data analytics as needed to support team priorities
• Support technical process improvements based on data
• Write, manage, review and maintain technical specifications and procedures related to the organization and its suppliers
• Able to understand technical needs and proactively recommend improvements to current workflows
• Review quality control reports and devise improvement steps to avoid future mishaps
• Perform role as expert technical auditor for quality assurance program with suppliers/vendors
• Work with suppliers to improve their internal technical process to improve quality of products or services
• Develop the skills and profile of direct reports on the team
• Develop skills and expertise of the studio pipeline and technology
• Respond to constructive feedback
• Be pro-active in identifying and resolving problems
• Be willing and able to learn all aspects of the group's business
• Implementation of ISO, Six Sigma (DMAIC) and Lean principles
• Maintain accurate and current information in relevant tracking systems.
• Organize and store all deliverables and documentation in a manner that facilitates retrieval by others
• Establish trust with others
• Form good working relationships with all business contacts
• Take proactive steps to maintain relationships
• Respond to business unit requests in a timely, co-operative manner
• Ask questions to determine client expectations and requirements
• Follow up with clients
• Initiate action without being directed or asked to by others
• Recognize the merit of different positions, points of view or competing interests
• Select the communication style and presentation method that will yield the greatest impact or effect on others: Is intuitive and efficient internal and external communication
• Influence others to take action
• Interact effectively with people of all levels of the organization
• Demonstrate ability provide clear guidance to suppliers about Disney's standards and requirements.
• Effective decision-making to answer day-to-day questions from suppliers and business partners
• Proactively generates alternative options before making a decision
• Implements risk-based decision-making process on complex recommendations to minimize long-term consequences
• Ability to guide consensus decision-making with stakeholders
• Understands relationships among several parts of a problem
• Applies creative, practical solutions to solve problems that are not obvious to others
• Informs the right people to address issues
• Seven years of experience with a Studio or Post Production facility in an engineering and/or technology capacity is required, with two to three years managing a team with a complex requirements and deliverables. Strongly preferred working knowledge of industry specifications, best practices and consumer released formats including Digital Streaming, Blu-ray, Digital Cinema Packages (DCP), etc. Certification in Six Sigma (green belt), ISO9001 or similar process improvement methodologies.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Media Production, Business Analytics, IT, Computer Science, or other relevant degree.
• Masters in Media Engineering or other relevant degree preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experien
[more...] This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.