Sr Manager, Localization Ops & Design
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Studio Operations is comprised of multiple disciplines related to the postproduction of our films. This includes localizing formats for global theatrical release, ensuring consistency and continuity in the voice and representation of our characters in media formats worldwide, ensuring secure delivery of films to exhibitors, retailers, and homes worldwide, converting of classic film content into digital formats, and managing of all Walt Disney Studios production and postproduction facilities (including sound stages and the Digital Studio).
The objective of this position is to manage the day-to-day operations of the digital & print localization process. This person will be responsible for scheduling and delivering various marketing elements for international releases. Liaising with international markets, they will incorporate territory specific print and design needs. This job holder will become an expert on the localization complexities and challenges of assigned titles. The candidate will oversee the management of vendors, Production Designers & Administration staff by conducting meetings and monitoring the workflow process. This job holder will meet negotiated milestone dates by proactively identifying any potential issues that may arise. The candidate will also be responsible for the development of statistical metrics which will enable Senior Management to analyze and act on identified information.
• Oversee the Localization production process from the planning stage to quality assurance
• Implement reporting systems, and present information to Sr. Management
• Take ownership of assigned production slate by providing solutions to workflow issues
• Provide timely feedback to Director on delays or challenges to all titles
• Monitor & manager vendor performance and provide detailed status to Director
• Own published specifications, asset tagging documentation and archive strategy
• Manage the process of preparing all incoming assets for advanced automation workflows
• Monitor and update all relevant information in various translation & scheduling databases
• In accordance with ISO 9001 & 27001, document various KPI's, SOP's, specs & Key Processes
• Ensure thorough, accurate, and timely completion of assignments
• Proactively seek out operational key stakeholders to establish open lines of communication
• Drive the initiative to ensure that we are using the latest digital delivery technology
• Create structure in a dynamic and rapidly changing (growing) environment
• Oversee all logistics relating to the communication with clients and territory contacts
• Meet multiple deadlines from various internal clients
• Manage Design & Admin staff with weekly meetings to discuss upcoming schedule
• Assist team members in finding solutions to their problems
• Drive staff meeting agendas and develop actions plans assigning due dates to responsible parties
• Respond to constructive feedback
• Present oneself in a professional and mature manner
• Drive a variety of assignments, balancing daily production deadlines with long-term projects
• Ad hoc projects on request independent of day-to-day Management
• Organize and store all deliverables and documentation in a manner that facilitates retrieval by others
• 5 years' experience working within the entertainment marketing industry
• Minimum of 2 years' experience managing people
• Highly organized, detailed-oriented
• Top notch design sensibility
• Expert in Adobe Suites: Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional for PC and MAC platforms.
• Experience in planning or scheduling in a print-production environment.
• Understanding of color management, font management and design fundamentals
• Familiarity with workflow automation and digital asset management systems.
• 5 years of formal education in the field of graphic design & print production
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.