Sr. Manager, Finance and Planning
Walt Disney PicturesVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity and is breaking new ground in episodic storytelling, bringing theatrical quality animation to the series format for Disney . This role will be located in our Vancouver Studio.
The Sr. Manager, Finance and Planning will work at Walt Disney Animation Studios Vancouver. The role will include responsibilities across Production Finance and Studio Finance to support all aspects of production accounting, local tax incentives and Overhead and Technology planning. This role will be relied upon for providing sound financial guidance and judgement on production plans, schedules, budgets, and forecasts. The Sr. Manager will assist in communicating critical information to both show and studio leadership teams and will work closely with the finance team at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank).
• Lead production finance initiatives and manage production finance staff to provide mentorship and decision support through value-added financial analysis and insights into content budgeting, planning and risk analyses
• Manage the overall process, application and audit for all applicable production tax incentives
• Work closely with the finance team at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank) to establish consistency in reporting, planning and communication throughout all areas of production finance and studio finance
• Maintain role as finance lead in key relationships related to local tax incentives (tax advisors, government contacts, animation and studio segment finance)
• Create executive presentations illustrating production plans, production budgets, areas of risk, and production tracking metrics
• Lead Company-driven financial processes and presentations, including but not limited to the Five Year Plan (aka Long Range Plan) and Annual Operating Plan (AOP) through thorough review of the studio's annual capital investment requests, partner with operators to understand the business goals and help prepare required financial analyses to secure necessary approvals
• Provide governance around production chart of accounts and drive consistency in adhering to production accounting practices, policies and processes
• Provide accurate reporting of the studio's run rate, production spend, film costs and financials
• Work collaboratively with studio department leaders on studio planning scenarios and analyses that align with financial objectives and resource planning
• Develop film and other content profitability reporting for studio leadership team
• Perform ad hoc projects at request of Studio senior management and corporate
• Mentor direct reports and staff to strengthen their functional skills, production knowledge, and overall collaboration with stakeholders
• 8 years of experience
• Gracious and effective leader who inspires and motivates
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and summarize large amounts of data in order to provide context and recommendations where required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to succinctly present to senior leadership
• Ability to collaborate with multiple teams across various functions
• Excellent organizational skills and proven track record to meet deadlines
• Experience working in entertainment industry supporting production or creative projects is a plus
• Understanding of local production tax incentives is a plus
• SAP and Cognos TM1 experience is a plus
Bachelor's degree required (emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Business Development
Masters degree preferred
Our Company proudly provides equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. Located in Burbank, WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.