Sr Clearance Specialist
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/12/2021 3:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Sr Clearance Specialist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Sr Clearance Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Clearance Specialist? Job Summary:
The Studio Clearances team handles many aspects of legal clearances, including those related to production, marketing and distribution of films and other content released theatrically and via Disney . Specialists read and analyze scripts and research reports to identify potential clearance issues and ensure appropriate clearance of names and places, dialogue, artwork, props, costumes, photographs, film/TV clips, mock-up designs, and building/architectural designs. They negotiate agreements with outside parties controlling rights to artwork, photography, footage, and other proprietary material used in studio content.
The team advises content production staff (e.g., producers, writers, art departments, set decorators, prop masters, costumers, editors, visual effects, animators) of clearance procedures. In connection therewith, they also review dailies, rough and final cuts of films, websites, bonus content, behind the scenes/EPK materials, interviews, bloopers, deleted scenes, trailers, TV spots and other marketing materials, commercial tie-ins, print ads, DVD menus and packaging materials.
The Senior Script Clearance Specialist will be a vital part of the production clearance team, taking on many of the above-mentioned responsibilities under minimal supervision of the department Director.
• Review scripts and related research in preparation of detailed reports summarizing potential clearance issues and necessary next steps.
• Throughout preproduction/production/post production, track and handle all requests from production for use of graphics/artwork/photographs/props/set dressing/wardrobe/stills/footage/fonts/other.
• Facilitate research and analysis of scripted (or non-scripted) character/business names, quotations, phone numbers/addresses, etc. Perform independent research.
• Transmit, follow-up, and track clearance requests to outside parties. Secure necessary licenses and/or permissions via boilerplate forms and protocols.
• Analyze proposed character designs, concept art, and graphics. Elevate for additional review as needed.
• Consult, as needed, with IP and Production counsel in connection with copyright, trademark, right of publicity, and contractual matters.
• Maintain clearance status reports and distribute to production and internal studio personnel.
• View dailies and screenings to ensure compliance with clearance instructions.
• Coordinate and communicate with internal studio groups (e.g., labor relations, casting administration, consumer products, brand, music, marketing, and screen credits).
• Review motion picture advertising, publicity, and promotional trailers, TV/radio spots, and print material to ensure compliance with clearance guidelines. Prepare and distribute marketing restriction memos.
• Minimum 3-5 years in a scripted entertainment (e.g., major film/TV production entity) clearance position. Knowledge of copyright, trademark, right of publicity, and other legal concepts sufficient to identify and communicate issues.
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Proven ability to take initiative and seek increased responsibilities
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to train/mentor others
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and fluctuating environment
• Proficient in autonomously prioritizing work and managing deadlines
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Word
• BA/BS degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.