Sr Business Analyst
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
You will be part of the team creating the next-generation internal systems for movie and direct-to-consumer creative development and production. You should be comfortable being part of a cross-functional team and working with a diverse group of business stakeholders and technologists. We expect you to have a deep understanding of Business Analysis, to be passionate about technology and the business, to keep up with the latest trends, and to have ownership in your project deliverables.
• Project Initiation
• Develops an understanding of customers' needs and applies it in researching potential solutions.
• Participates in clarification, rationalization and documentation of project requests.
• Participates in preparation of project initiation documents.
• Application Development
• Analyzes and documents relevant business processes.
• Conducts interviews with customers to define functional requirements.
• Participates during detailed design and/or configuration.
• Participates in software selection process, where applicable.
• Participates in Integration Testing, including development of test plans, test cases and scenarios and documentation of results.
• Conducts User Acceptance Testing on small to medium size projects.
• Assists in the preparation of end user documentation, training materials, curriculum and schedule.
• Conducts training classes, including train-the trainer, one-on-one and classroom style training.
• Provides first line post implementation support to users regarding functional issues.
• Participates in change management activities.
• Production Support
• Takes ownership of functional issues by identifying underlying problems, analyzing potential solutions and implementing system resolutions, including workarounds.
• Provides front-line user support for Creative Affairs, Casting and related business applications. Work to be performed includes answering, documenting, analyzing, tracking, escalating and responding to application support requests.
• Participates in functional analysis for production support activities.
• Applies department change control policies & procedures.
• Coordinates with other IT departments on integrated system support.
• Conducts end-user training for supported business applications.
• Test Planning
• Works with business analysts and application developers to develop test plans based on functional specifications.
• Develops additional testing documents based on test plan, such as test scenarios, test cases and test matrices.
• Creates test data to support test execution.
• Assists in the preparation of scripts for automated test execution.
• Assists in the setup of test environments to mirror production environment.
• Test Execution
• Works with clients and project team members to ensure requirements and development standards are met.
• Executes test plans and scripts, both manual and automated.
• Validates and documents test results.
• Makes recommendations to project team and Production Acceptance regarding ''quality readiness''.
• Assists with test environment refreshes.
• Adheres to QA and departmental standards.
• Participates in project meetings as required.
• Defect Tracking
• Documents and tracks program defects.
• Provides cursory analysis of defects to developers and other project team members.
• Provides research assistance to developers and other project team members to resolve open defects.
• Communicates plans, status and issues to management on a regular basis
Your passion for good software is visible to your team members, stakeholders and in every product you and the team delivers. You take business automation seriously, and that will help you make decisions that drive value every day. You are:
• A problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically, and are biased toward delivering requirements fit quickly and within budget constraints.
• Inquisitive. You are curious and ask questions often. You're hungry to learn new things and understand complex problems. You have a desire to learn how things are done and that drives you to look for ways to improve and streamline existing processes.
• Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you don't have all the details; you're comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
• Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost whether it's product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb it quickly and are ready for more.
• Goal oriented. You are focused on your goals and drive to get to the desired outcome; you connect business and technology strategies to the software you deliver and can easily articulate the value created.
• Excellent written and verbal skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to communicate effectively with business stakeholders and to translate business requirements for technical developers.
• Excellent relationship management skills with both non-technical business stakeholders and technical teams. Ability to work within a collaborative team environment.
• Business analyst Level 3 career practitioner including practical application of the techniques outlined in BABOK v3.
• 3-5 yrs of experience performing business analysis within a large enterprise covering both business and information technology domains
• 3-5 yrs of experience using Agile SCRUM methodology
• Ability to use querying languages to extract and analyze data (e.g. SQL)
• Working knowledge of testing methodologies, tools and techniques
• Familiarity with standard IT practices related to business application development and implementation.
• Understanding of the concepts behind distributed and multi-tiered applications, as well as SaaS and PaaS solutions.
• Strong business process definition capabilities, including the ability to capture process flows visually according to standard methodologies
• Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
• A sense of ownership and responsibility for delivery
• Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
• Must be able to work independently, support several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
• Entertainment industry experience strongly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaborati