Senior Publicist National Publicity
Walt Disney PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Publicist – National Publicity (Searchlight Pictures)
Searchlight Pictures is a global specialty film company that develops, produces, finances and acquires motion pictures for both worldwide theatrical and streaming releases. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and is part of The Walt Disney Studios, a division of The Walt Disney Company. Founded in 1994 as Fox Searchlight Pictures, the company's titles have grossed over $5 billion worldwide, amassing 28 Golden Globe Awards, 49 BAFTA awards, and 43 Academy Awards including five Best Picture winners since 2009: Slumdog Millionaire, 12 Years a Slave, Birdman, The Shape of Water, and Nomadland. Upcoming feature releases include Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson's award-winning Summer Of Soul (…Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised), David Bruckner's The Night House, Michael Showalter's The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Scott Cooper's Antlers, Guillermo del Toro's Nightmare Alley, Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch, and Taika Waititi's Next Goal Wins. The company includes Searchlight Television, which develops and produces series for streaming, network, and cable partners.
Searchlight Pictures seeks a Senior Publicist for the Domestic Publicity department. Position directly reports to a Senior Vice President of National Publicity. The Senior Publicist is responsible for helping to plan, execute and manage all aspects of film publicity campaigns.
• Work closely with the Director on the team to divide up and pitch select Los Angeles-based national and local press for the team's assigned films.
• Help oversee the planning and implementation of press days, premiere press lines, and press conferences.
• Co-manage and support the Coordinator position on the team.
• Cover talent in various capacities such as at press days and junkets, premieres, screening Q&As, interviews and award shows.
• Work interdepartmentally to ensure film campaign goals are achieved.
• Work closely with the Director and the digital team on partnerships and publicity.
• Create and maintain various schedules, calendars, status reports and publicity memos.
• Develop and maintain close and communicative relationships with assigned press, executives, talent and reps.
• Manage assigned below the line talent.
• Will focus on Searchlight streaming releases in addition to theatrical titles.
• Liaise with specialty agencies for specific projects.
• Participate in brainstorming meetings.
• Be able to identify and develop publicity opportunities.
• Be able to think creatively and outside of the box on publicity campaigns.
• Oversee coordinators in the department in the maintaining of our master press list.
• 5 years in a motion picture studio, agency or publicity firm required.
• Adept at multitasking and organize/prioritize workload effectively.
• Have extensive knowledge of LA-based entertainment press and talent reps.
• Awards campaign experience is a plus.
• Ability to work well under time constraints in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive and professional attitude.
• Must be a self-starter and proactive in starting projects, asking questions and taking on departmental projects/tasks as needed.
• Have exceptional oral and written communication skills and be very organized and detail oriented.
• Be able to work flexible hours, including overtime during the week and on weekends, when necessary.
• Adept at social media tools and trends.
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.