Senior Project Manager- Production
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios is a leader in the industry that brings memorable, life-changing stories to the world through Disney Motion Picture Productions, Marvel Studios, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures, and Lucasfilm. The incredible movies, shows, and characters that have come to life on the big screen and in our homes are thoroughly embedded in minds and cultures all across the globe. From the Marvel Cinematic Universe, reinvented live action classics, multi-film franchises, and Oscar winning films, the aforementioned studios have redefined the movie and series making by building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At The Walt Disney Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our characters, worlds, and stories.
On the Program Management & Enabling Technologies team you'll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists supporting world class productions & developing the next generation of production technology, as well as solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways within an exciting and dynamic environment.
We're looking for a senior project manager to oversee the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a variety of projects and initiatives. This role is critical to the implementation of key initiatives for production groups within the technology team. You'll report to the Director of Program Management & Enabling Tech.
• Serve as key point of contact for production stakeholders across Technology departments to intake production requests, provide updates, assess priority and track schedules
• Lead operational and growth initiatives from end-to-end, including gathering requirements and defining scope, schedule and resourcing management for the technology team (e.g., IT Infrastructure Engineering, Desktop Support)
• Lead large scale complex projects that span across internal and external departments and at times with vendors
• Ensure clear reporting of project status from project teams including timelines, milestone tracking, budget status and issue identification to program management and stakeholders
• Prioritize and escalate critical operational tasks, execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Maintain KPI dashboards related to program metrics via MS Power BI
• Apply analytical and critical thinking to identify team inefficiencies and risk areas, and implement projects or processes to improve operations
• Create workflow diagrams of production technology processes and identify opportunities to streamline processes or improve efficiency
• 5 to 10 years of experience in Technical Project Management, utilizing waterfall and agile methodology
• 5 years of experience managing and developing teams to meet expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment
• Ability to work under pressure while managing multiple tasks and organizing work effectively
• Strong experience in managing technical operations teams (i.e., IT hardware engineers & software developers)
• Good meeting facilitation skills and effective team player
• Extensive experience with project management tools such as Smartsheet and familiar with Jira.
• Ability to develop and present business cases via PowerPoint or Keynote
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to create workflow drawings and process maps utilizing Lucidchart
• Previous experience working in a Content Creation/Production environment
• Experienced with Business Intelligence tools such as MS Power BI
• PMP certification a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering, or related technical discipline
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.