Senior Manager, Mastering
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/20/2021 7:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Manager, Mastering jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Mastering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, Mastering? Job Summary:
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney , Hulu, ESPN and Disney HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
The Sr. Manager, Master will lead the TV Mastering Team in end to end servicing for mastering, localization, and fulfilment. This individual will influence the strategy and roadmap for the TV Mastering team while strategizing deliveries and metrics, standardizing workloads and procedures for the team, and enhancing efficiency. A role with a global footprint, the Sr. Manager will work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective cross-collaboration across territories and different markets.
• Oversees the End-to-end technical activity of the TV Mastering team, from product/shows being added and work order creation to physical delivery of product to the customer
• Identifies and establishes commercially viable agreements with strategic vendors to deliver the required level of service to Disney while ensuring that budget is not exceeded
• Oversees all workloads for team members while ensuring goals and commitments are met and a consistent high level of performance is achieved
• Establish strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization ensuring effective cross-collaboration practices are in place.
• Manages the relationships with production houses, suppliers, accounts, and strategic partners
• Partner with senior executives of the organization, providing information and updates, while defining and executing the team's vision
• All other duties as assigned by Leadership
• • 8 years post production, mastering and localization workflows, asset management and client/vendor servicing experience
• 3 years leading a technical and servicing team with focus on team/client management and performance metrics
• Demonstrated mastery of A/V technical formats including IMF, UHD, HDR, Dolby-Vision, ATMOS and pro-res
• Demonstrated history of continuous improvement practices which have resulted in increased efficiency and productivity
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• • More than 8 years post production and mastering experience with management skills
• Advanced degree in an A/V Engineering or Post Production relevant subject
• Deep knowledge and understanding on ISO 9001 and 27001, 6sigma, PMP and AGILE
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.