Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/15/2019 11:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Senior Manager, HR Business Partner jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Manager, HR Business Partner postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Manager, HR Business Partner?
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios seeks a Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join the Human Resources team. This team is a highly visible department that plays an integral part in key talent decisions across the Studio organization.
The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), together with its subsidiaries, is a diversified worldwide entertainment company with 2013 annual revenues of $45 billion. Our business segments include Media Networks, Parks and Resorts, Studio Entertainment, Consumer Products, and Disney Interactive. The Studio Entertainment segment produces and acquires live-action and animated motion pictures, direct-to-video content, musical recordings and live stage plays.
The Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) collaborates with business leaders, executives, and the Director, HRBP to guide the development of HR strategies that attract, develop, and retain talent. A combination of strong business acumen, Human Resources (HR) and Organization Development (OD) expertise, and consulting skills is required to help guide the development of the Human Resources function within The Walt Disney Studio (TWDS) businesses.
As a forward-looking business partner supporting the Marketing organization, the Sr. Manager will proactively assess business performance to identify gaps and initiate partnerships to develop HR solutions that promote organizational and employee effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have experience leading strategy development, organization design, diversity and inclusion, and talent management strategies that build client focus, efficiency, speed, and results. A strong collaborator, the Sr. Manager will work closely with HR infrastructure (e.g., Compensation, Recruiting, ER, Training and OD) and functional partners (e.g., Finance, Technology, Communications) to deliver solutions and change management plans that provide sustainable benefits. The Sr. Manager will also serve as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and processes (e.g., merit and promotion planning, performance management and talent planning) in order to optimize employee engagement and productivity.
• Develops and drives the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals of TWDS. Plans and facilitates work sessions to develop these business strategies that help support organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results
• Serves as a coach and consultant to senior business leaders and employees on key organizational and management issues
• Assess organizational performance, identify talent gaps, and propose HR solutions that support the business while leading the implementation of ongoing talent, succession, and development plans for the organization
• Build compelling presentations leveraging workforce analytics and insights to focus leaders on relevant business issues and assessing potential solutions
• Integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to the workplace
• Facilitates the consistent application, implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning, etc.) across assigned client groups maximizing all available HR service delivery channels and HR Centers of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, OD, L&D, Compensation, etc)
• Translates near and long-term operating goals into HR processes, projects, and assignments and integrates and initiates the work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to support business strategies
• Assists the leadership team in evaluating performance of individual team members and providing guidance regarding development. Ensures people have the right skills, tools and talents to perform their roles. Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights
• Plan and lead organization design and change management projects to streamline and implement new structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands;
• Design and facilitate executive team and large group work sessions focused on issues such as strategy development, team building, leading change and collaborative problem solving
• Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development, and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development
• Partner with the TWDS and Enterprise Center of Excellence (COE) Support functions to leverage their expertise
• Develops and drives people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
• Participates in establishing the appropriate resource requirements, headcount tracking, schedules, and performance standards
• Be available to all employees as a coach, counselor, and mentor; be effective at rallying everyone toward the common goals of the Studio and be an effective bridge builder across all functions and levels within the organization.
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; MBA preferred
• 7 years experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field
• 2 years experience in leading and developing staff professionals
• Proven ability to build, integrate, and lead effective and sustainable programs in applicable functional areas
• Ability to develop integrated solutions from inception to post-delivery assessment.
• Disney Experience a plus
• Strategic architect: link people and organizational practices to business priorities
• Business ally: understand business and industry factors to shape how strategies are developed, implemented and sustained
• Credible activist and partner: Respected, admired, trusted, committed, pro-active and with a point of view
• HR expertise: Develop, plan and execute operational aspects of managing people and organizations
• Culture and change steward: understand, respect and evolve the organization through HR practices and systems
• Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically
• Insights and analytics: leverages HR metrics and business data to provide insights to the business and enable data-informed decision making
• Strong facilitation skills applicable across formal and informal (eg, coaching, mentoring) approaches
• Leadership skills: Works well with teams, develops others, demonstrates inclusive and constructive leadership behaviors
• Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Demonstrates an effective consultative approach to build awareness or key organizational issues and consensus for relevant solutions; able to guide stakeholders through a shared and collaborative decision making process
• Strong interpersonal and developed presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
• Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects th