Senior Image & Color Engineer
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2021 11:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Image & Color Engineer jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Image & Color Engineer postings
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world. Our studio film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration.
As part of the Motion Picture Labs at Walt Disney Studios; you'll be joining a group of seasoned, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic environment.
The Motion Picture Labs is looking for a Sr. Image and Color Engineer to provide color science support for various projects within Marvel and across the broader Disney Studio Technology organization. You'll provide support for on-set, dailies, VFX and Finishing processes for titles in production; investigate emerging image technologies; design and develop imaging pipeline solutions; and contribute to the development of standards for our Studio and the broader industry. You'll report to the Manager of Image and Color at Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, CA.
• Provide cross-department color workflow solutions for titles in production, from on-set to final deliveries.
• Establish image debayer and color pipelines for finishing and VFX plate pulls.
• Create and maintain test environments relating to image science and future technologies.
• Oversee and troubleshoot color management for theatrical, streaming, and remote reviews.
• Build image processing tools and workflows for artists and supervisors including render farm integration, slate generation, contact sheets, pano-stitching, on-set image acquisition, and image QC.
• Collaborate with Marvel & Disney productions and various other technology teams across the studio to provide imaging science expertise and guidance.
• 8 years experience developing within a theatrical, streaming, or similar production environment.
• Knowledge of display hardware technologies as well as image delivery infrastructure design.
• Ability to operate, troubleshoot and support operators using production tools including Avid, Final Cut Pro, Mistika, After Effects, Nuke, RV, Baselight, Livegrade, and Resolve systems.
• Experience developing across multiple platform environments (Linux, Windows, or OS X)
• Expertise in the practical application of ACES and a comprehensive understanding of its limitations and specifications.
• Experience creating, evaluating, and conversion of LUTs for color managed workflows.
• Strong user-facing skills, with the ability to understand and react to changing user requirements.
• Familiarity with render farm software and customization.
• Practical experience coding in CTL and DTCL
• Collaboration on open source projects (OIIO, OCIO, OTIO, OpenEXR, etc.)
• BA/BS in Image Science or related technical field with equivalent experience. MA/MS preferred.
About Marvel Studios:
Marvel Studios has created one of the most powerful brands by bringing memorable, life-changing storytelling to the world through incredible characters like Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther and Captain America. The Marvel Cinematic Universe multi-film franchises have redefined the genre in building a universe filled with creativity, innovation and collaboration. At Marvel Studios, you will be part of a team that helps propel our legacy into the future with a vision as far-reaching as our stories.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.