Senior Health and Safety Specialist
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2020 5:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Health and Safety Specialist jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Health and Safety Specialist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Health and Safety Specialist? Senior Health and Safety Specialist (Project Hire)
The Sr. Health & Safety Specialist will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented working in conjunction with the Studios ER Leadership team, Segment Human Resources, Facilities, Medical, Legal and Manager, Safety & Health, UPM and other relevant departments . The individual will receive training and technical guidance from Disney Health and office of the Medical Director will report to the V.P. Studios Employee Relations.
• Manage COVID cases to include tracking, reporting, contact tracing, self isolation and monitoring, returning to work, for both employees, cotingent workers and vendors
• Interface with 3rd party vendors and contingent worker companies as necessary regarding COVID cases
• Coordinate responses with Facilities, Medical, Legal, Communications, Segment Human Resources/ER and other relevant partners
• Work with departments on social distancing protocols for office/work spaces, support the established plans to distribute and dispose of PPE
• Work closely with the Studios ER and the Health and Safety team to research new trends, technology, and best practices in health and wellness
• Collaborate with Human Resources and Employee relations in managing communications related to Covid cases, maintain confidentiality and follow HIPAA privacy guidelines
• Provide reports regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
• 1-2 years experience managing multiple priorities and stakeholders, accuracy, attention to detail and strong data skills required
• Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
• Ability to escalate issues to the VP Studios Employee relations and relevant segment leadership
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proven organizational skills
• Must be a people person who can manage with confidence and maintain policy/protocol.
• Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training as requested
• Highly driven to problem solve
• Basic knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations, familiar with HIPAA.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Desire to continue development of technical skills and industry knowledge.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.