Senior Financial Analyst
Walt Disney PicturesGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions around the world every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. At The Walt Disney Company, it's our people who carry the torch and ensure that our innovation and excellence in entertainment lives on. And you see it in all we do: from thrills on the high seas to the adrenaline rush of a coaster ride; from the action on the big screen to the action of the big game, everyday someone is being touched by a Disney brand. And you can be too. Isn't it time you bring your unique talents to Disney?
The Studio Content group in the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment is the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built, and at its heart are world-renowned animated features and live-action motion pictures. Studio Financial Planning and Analysis team (Studio FPA) is dedicated to providing high quality information and services to our business partners. We support their decision making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently reporting and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. Our vision is to be the global leader in providing financial and technical expertise. We will promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
The Group is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will play a key role within the Studio FP&A group with the review and consolidation of various budgets and forecasts across the segment. This offers a great opportunity to work across the various Walt Disney Studios' lines of businesses and production groups (theatrical, home entertainment, production, etc.) and also provides exposure to a number of other teams within the company (planning and controllership).
• Responsible for the consolidation and review of monthly forecasts results for Studio Content Managed groups
• Prepare consolidated P&L cause of change analyses for Studio & DMED senior management for each budget and forecast cycle
• Develop and refine reporting processes to improve the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of business unit and consolidated segment reporting
• Work closely with Studio Business Units to understand business issues impacting P&L and underlying risks and opportunities
• Assist with the Studio P&L consolidation process at each 5YP, budget and forecast, including review of all key reporting including consolidated P&L cause of change analyses, by-title profitability, and ad-hoc analyses for Studio & DMED senior management
• Perform ad-hoc analysis and prepare presentation decks at the request of Studio & DMED senior management
• Work closely with the COGNOS TM1 sustainment team to drive efficiencies and improve reporting across the Studio
• 2-4 years of experience
• CPA and/or MBA a plus
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• Strong knowledge of Excel (including macros)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize ideas and issues to Studio management
• Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
• Ability to drive and implement process improvements across key activities
• Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
• SAP and Cognos experience is a plus
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects at the same time, while keeping supervisor properly informed
• Bachelor's degree required (emphasis in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.