Senior Financial Analyst
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Studio Content Valuation team is responsible for the valuation of all Studio content on the Company's direct-to-consumer platforms, including films from Disney, Lucasfilm, Marvel, 20th Century, Searchlight, Pixar and Walt Disney Animation.
The Senior Financial Analyst role is the backbone of the valuation process, responsible for financial modelling and database management. The role interacts with sales and finance teams in North America and international regions. Problem-solving, through data visualization and quantitative methods, will be called upon.
• Curate, manipulate, and synthesize large amounts of data to test hypotheses and draw conclusions that result in actionable insights
• Conduct comparative content searches, via internal and external resources, to enhance the quantitative data with qualitative, bespoke factors
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of the data used for analyses
• Prepare ad-hoc reports; participate in projects and presentations for senior management
• Assist in preparing content valuations for new and library films made available on Disney's direct-to-consumer services
• Analysis: work with financial models independently, with a persistent attention to detail
• Systems: organize and maintain database tools that synthesize large amounts of information
• Problem-solving: tackle analytical situations of diverse scopes in evolving market conditions
• People: communicate and collaborate across functions and regional organizations, in a deadline-driven environment
• BA/BS in business, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative discipline (statistics courses a plus)
• Experience with Excel, data analytics programs, and database management tools
• Minimum three years of quantitative modeling and database management (finance preferred)
• BA/BS in business, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative discipline
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.