Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Walt Disney PicturesGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt's passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences - and we're constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney ABC Television Group, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation's strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows
The Senior DevOps Engineer (SDOE) is responsible for automating Systems Engineering processes in support of the production technology infrastructure used by DTVA to produce its digital animation production products. This includes the following:
• Work closely with product developers to ensure new features have the proper operational support and maintainability--provide deep back of house technical guidance to development teams.
• Responsible for the implementation of complex solutions to provide hosting services and platforms to various development teams and working in partnership with the team to help drive the standardization and operational support of infrastructure solutions to support the firm's infrastructure needs.
• Create, build and deliver new technologies or platforms. This will include consultation, designing, building, and supporting development pipelines, automating infrastructure and operations, creating telemetry for monitoring, engineering high reliability and reinforcing best practices to secure our company and guest data.
• Responsible for the architecture, deployment, and support of CI/CD pipelines.
• Deliver cloud native and in-house infrastructure solutions for a wide range of applications.
• Migrating applications from manual codes pushes to automated / continuous deployments.
• Migrating applications and servers between local and cloud platform deployments as needed.
• Manage, configure and implement automation tools such as: RunDeck, Docker, Chef, Puppet, SCCM and JAMF.
• Develop software for the purposes of automating, monitoring and maintaining deployed infrastructure and services such as:
• Data migration.
• Building systems (dynamically scaling environments).
• Web applications.
• Server configurations.
• Application and configuration deployments and management.
• Design and development front end applications as needed for automation and tools.
• Work closely with Software Development group to manage and develop tools for managing and automating hardware and software resources.
• Generate reports and statistics for various systems using various analytical tools.
• Automate and support physical and virtual environments for web and application servers for both production and development.
• Additionally the Senior DevOps Engineer:
• Participates in researching, testing and implementing optimized technical solutions for our production technology infrastructure and user base.
• Provides 3rd tier /extended support to the Systems Engineering, Support Engineering and Software Development groups.
• Performs technical administration functions and other miscellaneous technical special projects as assigned by department management.
• Influences direction of product and service development.
• Interacts with vendors.
• 5 to 8 years' experience supporting high-end servers and graphics workstation hardware.
• 5 to 8 years' experience supporting (advanced troubleshooting and configuration experience) Linux / UNIX, Mac OS and Microsoft Windows based systems in a network environment.
• 5 to 8 years of experience working with network administration utilities.
• Previous work experience in similar discipline.
• Strong experience with scripting and programming languages for Web App Development (Python, PHP, PowerShell, React, Ruby, Perl, bash, etc.)
• Experience with Virtualization (VMware, OpenStack, Hyper-V).
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and/or an equivalent product.
• Experience in working with infrastructure as code tools such as Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.Experienced with CI/CD, tools (Jenkins, GITLab etc.) and containerization/orchestration tools (docker/kubernetes).
• Strong Linux/Unix/Windows administration background
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud management services (experience with AWS or Azure). This includes cloud migration strategies.
• Experience with SQL and MySQL databases.
• Experience with Load Balancers (F5, KEMP, NginX).
• Experience with clustering and load-balancing servers.
• Working knowledge of networking environments.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment.
• Knowledge of Active Directory Services and its integration with applications.
• Knowledge of rendering pipeline for creative applications listed above is a plus.
• Experience with Disaster Recovery integration and associated workflows is plus.
• Experience with creative applications such as: ToonBoom, AutoDesk Maya, Adobe Creative Suite and Nuke is a plus.
• Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally.
• Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues.
• Must have a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work with a diverse user community.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.