Senior Data Analyst / Storyteller
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2021 5:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Data Analyst / Storyteller jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Data Analyst / Storyteller postings
Full Time Job
The Senior Data Analyst/Storyteller for The Walt Disney Studio Content Compensation team assists in analyzing, modeling and assessing new and existing compensation programs and practices to ensure that we are effectively attracting, motivating, and retaining world class talent across The Walt Disney Studio Content organization.
• Collaborate with the Compensation Partners, Org Management, HR Business Partner and Data Analytics teams in gathering data and conducting analyses with the goal of objectively assessing the efficacy of compensation programs and practices across the segment
• With a focus on internal equity, assist in promoting the consistent application of compensation programs across the organization by identifying opportunities to refine and subsequently communicate/educate on effective compensation practices
• Working with Legal Counsel on fair pay review and analysis
• Participate in industry wide offerings to continually expand functional expertise and knowledge; assist in summarizing findings for key partners
• Conduct large scale and ad hoc compensation analyses and assist with projects as needed
• Model and Assess existing and potentially new variable pay programs
• Conduct living wage studies across our various locations
• Implement and maintain market data and employee movement trend analysis reporting across the Studio; including the implement of predictive analysis based on historical findings
• Implement new and manage existing data bases and platforms related to compensation and org management
• Pull through story telling of the data findings in support of key business decisions
• 5 years of experience in analyzing and solving complex business issues; experience in the Compensation field is preferred, but not required
• Bachelor's degree – Data Science, Actuarial Science, Economics, Statistics, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting Mathematics, or a business related field
• Exceptional analytical skills (demonstrated experience conducting and interpreting statistical analyses, such as multi-variate regression, is preferred)
• Proven ability to consolidate and manipulate large data sets with a commitment to accuracy and details
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new analytical tools, techniques, and/or software
• Strong written, verbal and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
• Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and collaborate in a large, matrixed work setting
• Proven ability to achieve objectives in a dynamic, often ambiguous, environment
• Demonstrated experience with HRIS systems (e.g. SAP, Workday) and employee data is strongly preferred
Bachelor's degree - Human Resources, Business, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.