Senior Architecture Manager - Content & Information Security
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Architecture - Studio Content & Information Security, based in Glendale, CA, will be responsible for designing, architecting, assessing and securing solutions to enable content production for the Walt Disney Studios.
The candidate must possess the necessary verbal and written skills to effectively communicate detailed risk management related updates and results to executive leadership, peers, and stakeholders. The role will also serve as a direct point of contact to all Walt Disney Studio groups for security events, concerns, guidance or consultation.
• Develop core strategies for the protection of The Walt Disney Studios intellectual property and pre-release content.
• Work with Studios stakeholders to find effective security solutions that balance business requirements with cyber security needs to improve overall security posture
• Conduct security assessments and provide leadership, insight and guidance to internal and 3rd party technology teams to enable the secure transfer, editing and deliver of content assets
• Develop technical security guidance based on the evaluation of cloud and SaaS services and their capabilities
• Develop, mature and maintain security architecture strategy, principles, models, standards, guidelines, and configurations
• Research, model and track secure system standards, industry trends, market technology, threat group threats, tactics and procedures for ecosystem applicability and reference
• Responsible for influencing the strategies of peer organizations ensuring that their strategic plans are enabled through defined partnership amongst peer organizations
• Create and amend Studio Security standards and processes to ensure optimized risk management services at all times
• Accountable for developing and socializing solution and process based strategies for functions within defined roles and responsibilities
• Responsible for team mentorship, training and annual goals and objectives aligned with Studio leadership
• Acquires appropriate level of ongoing training in order to stay abreast of risk landscape and emerging technologies to effectively participate in the identification and response to known threats and vulnerabilities and regulatory compliance requirements
• Key contributor to continually improve and/or update existing program-based documentation (e.g. standards, process, and communications)
• At least ten years of progressive experience in cybersecurity and cloud infrastructure engineering/architecture with MS/BS degree in Information System management / Computer Science / Information Security or a related technical discipline
• Team oriented with extensive experience working in small close-knit teams with little supervision
• Extensive experience working in a distributed team model with teammates located throughout the world
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
• Identify areas in need of process documentation and work with the teams to create, document and train on processes
• Create detailed and clear functional/technical requirements for Studio Security Operations engagement and interaction, ensuring stakeholders clearly understand how to engage Content Security services
• Significant penetration testing experience and offensive capabilities in numerous core competency areas including web applications, mobile applications, networks, cloud infrastructure
• Experience and hands-on expertise in tuning of network sensors like IDS/IPS, DDOS, WAF Technologies.
• Domain expertise of network security sensors such as IDS/IPS, cloud security access broker, DDOS protections, Open DNS, Cloud9, CDN's etc.
• Detailed understanding of Network Technologies Routers, switches, Load Balancers, firewalls, proxy etc.
• Detailed proficiency with Linux and Windows.
• In depth understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
• Experience with PKI, SSL, SSH, HTTPS etc.
• Knowledge of RESTful web services (client – server application).
• Hands on knowledge of Automation skills, Dev Ops skills etc.
• System admin - Red Hat Linux/Unix, Windows – Experience and knowledge is mandatory.
• Software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration (Git), continuous deployment (Travis/Jenkins), and deployment orchestration (Chef, puppet, or equivalent).
• Experience with open-source software security sensors (Bro IDS, Suricata, Snort, Molach etc.).
• Experience with network protocols and deep packet inspection.
• Experience with micro services.
• Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
• Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available security solutions.
• In-Depth Knowledge of Public Cloud such as AWS, Azure and GCP.
• Relevant security certifications such as OSCP, ISC2 CISSP, SANS, CEH, etc. are a major plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Engineering, or a related field
• CISSP or other technical certifications are a plus
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.