Senior Analyst, Studio Sourcing
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
At The Walt Disney Studios, you'll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music, and live entertainment. The Studio Sourcing team supports activity across the Studio, including Production, Marketing, Operations, and Technology teams. Our team is responsible for optimizing our engagement with our suppliers and ensure we are receiving best-in-class quality, reliability, security, and value in all services purchased by the Studio.
This role will support the team with ad-hoc financial analysis to help drive better sourcing strategies across all parts of the Studio. Focused on the financial impact of our team, the Sr. Analyst will support our team's direction through analyzing current spend by category and vendor, estimating impact and opportunity of the current project portfolio, and supporting various Company-wide initiatives, such as our commitment to diverse suppliers, environmental sustainability, and technological transformation of procurement at the Company. The role will also support cross-departmental and ad-hoc sourcing projects across the organization, as required by the team.
This position reports to the Director, Studio Sourcing & Strategy.
• Support ad-hoc sourcing projects across the Studio, as needed, through the following activities:
• Supplier and industry research
• Current and projected vendor spend analysis
• Workflow and process documentation and analysis
• Bid and proposed term analysis
• Negotiation approach and strategy development
• Contract drafting and review
• Stakeholder communication and alignment
• Project management of sourcing-related activities
• Suppler communication and on-going management
• Develop and implement tools to support the tracking key vendor information, including spend data, key terms (i.e., rate cards, contract status), and capabilities
• Provide analytical support to Studio Sourcing leadership in identification of strategy and initiatives plans
• Drive and support process improvement related to overall Studio Sourcing processes
• Interpret and report on supplier financial performance and health by analyzing financial statements, SEC filings, news releases, and related documents to develop company tear sheets
• Minimum 3 years related experience in finance, operations, strategic sourcing and/or supply chain disciplines
• Proven track record in fact-based negotiations or equivalent contract analysis experience. Must be able to:
• Analyze deal terms and understand operational and financial implications of executing the terms of the arrangement
• Develop negotiation plan to achieve desired business outcome
• Work collaboratively and interactively with Legal and Business Unit stakeholders throughout negotiation process
• Document final agreement with a package of a signed contract and communication plan to stakeholders
• Superior financial analysis skills, with understanding of financial statements, accounting, and financial modeling
• Self-motivated individual
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Highly professional, customer-service oriented, and collaborative
• Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.