Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings. This department manages all Studio Franchises globally including helping to develop and execute a coordinated holistic Franchise strategy across all brands including, Disney Animation, Pixar, Walt Disney Studios, Marvel and Lucas Film, while also incorporating additional data points into the Integrated Planning process. Collaborating with key stakeholders to drive more targeted development and delivery of our properties and campaigns. The Integrated Planning and Franchise Management team serves as a ''One Stop Shop'' of trusted business partners who educate, facilitate, collaborate, and communicate to elevate Studio intellectual property.
We are searching for a Sec IV to provide day-to-day administrative support to Senior Vice President, Integrated Planning & Franchise Management.
• Intensive Calendar Management: coordinate detailed travel logistics, understanding prioritization and deadlines for long-term planning, schedule and manage day-to-day meetings as well as calendar conflicts.
• Handle meeting coordination details including logistics, preparation, invitations and materials including WebEx & BlueJeans meetings and International conference calls. Including staying for early morning and late-night conference calls as needed.
• Arrange meetings or conferences by booking conference rooms, issuing meeting requests through Outlook and sending emails and coordinating handouts
• Field heavy volume of phone calls daily and maintain accurate phone log
• Screen and flag important incoming emails and calls to appropriate team members
• Filing of reference materials, background and overview information]
• Preparation of all business-related expenses using SAP travel proxy role ensuring expense reports are completed and filed in a timely manner
• Regularly correspond with internal team members, and partners across the company including Marketing, Consumer Products teams etc.
• Handle SVP mail and FedEx requests, orders supplies/materials for team and process invoices
• Arrange detailed Domestic and International travel plans including itineraries, booking transportation, hotels etc.
• Other admin projects as assigned, including a detailed understanding of Excel/PowerPoint/Keynote based assignments.
• Assist in organizing and the shared documents, calendars and content
• Manage department calendar and distribution lists including vacation, International holidays, Release Dates etc.
• Assist in planning Studio Rollouts, large Cross-Company Strategy Meetings and International Conferences and Summits twice annually.
• Support Team and assist in creating Agendas for department meetings.
• Additional Duties as required.
• Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
• Ability to make independent decisions when handling sensitive and confidential information, while exercising good judgment and discretion when SVP is out of the office or in meetings.
• Extremely detail oriented and organized, with a strong ability to manage multiple high priority projects and appropriately prioritize work
• Proactively anticipate needs of SVP and manage office time efficiently
• Ability to maintain an efficient office, files, database, and information
• Friendly, easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments
• Ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines with a calm, professional manner
• Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with senior executives and filmmakers, as well as business unit contacts and key external partners
• Proven competency in general administrative skills including answering the phone, filing, etc.
• Excellent typing and spelling skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Apple Systems, WebEx, Google Calendar and Outlook for meeting requests and calendaring.
• Technologically savvy
• Flexible Hours and the ability to work overtime when necessary
• Team player - willing to work with other assistants and staff at all levels in support of the Integrated Planning & Franchise Management team in Burbank and worldwide
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Experience in the entertainment industry, ideally in marketing
• Detail oriented with superior organization skills.
• Overall working knowledge with the SAP system desired.
• Team player - willing to work with other assistants and staff at all levels in support of the marketing team in Burbank and worldwide.
• Organized in thinking and execution to maintain efficient office, files, database, and information.
• Ability to multitask with urgency.
• Interest in International
• Can handle a high volume desk with important deadlines
• Experience dealing with different time zones including scheduling, calling internationally, domestic and international travel, etc.
• Disney experience
• Overall working knowledge with the SAP system desired
• Bachelor's degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.