Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Rights Analyst is part of the Rights & Participations team within Studio Legal Affairs, and is responsible for researching and analyzing distribution rights, studio obligations, and talent restrictions in support of content produced by Walt Disney Studios, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures and Walt Disney Animation.
• Research and analyze legal contracts with respect to distribution rights, studio obligations (i.e., contractual rights owed to talent) and talent approvals/restrictions (including merchandising and commercial tie-ins) for pictures produced by studio divisions, including Walt Disney Pictures, 20 CS, Searchlight and Animation. Consolidate and interpret research to create an itemized report containing all picture related distribution information, first opportunity rights, obligations and talent approvals/restrictions
• Work with project attorneys to expedite the report review and confirmation process. Make any necessary revisions prior to confirmation by project attorney.
• Enter report information into a centralized database for picture-specific distribution rights information, studio obligations and talent approvals.
• At least 2 years of experience in rights management in a film or TV studio, or production company
• Understanding of distribution rights, obligations and talent restrictions
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.