Production Department Secretary
Walt Disney PicturesGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Production Department Secretary is the communication hub of a television series production. They are primarily responsible for phones and scheduling meetings for the show leadership and crew, preparing and executing expense reports and show credits, partnering with the script department and story editor, and organizing crew events, as well as purchasing snacks and supplies.
• Coordinating and scheduling meetings for Executive Producers and Line Producer
• Maintaining production calendar
• Answering phones for Executive Producers taking messages and managing emails
• Compiling, ensuring accuracy and distributing show credits
• Completing expense reports as per DTVA procedures
• Posting record memos to show servers
• Interacting with Writers, Line Producers and Story Editors to prepare scripts
• Partnering with script department to facilitate distribution of scripts at all key stages of the production: From Premise, Outlines, and all versions of Script (including Final/Numbered and Recording and Conformed) and Pick Ups & ADR, as well as other written material, as directed by Show Runners, Line Producer and Story Editor
• Timely formatting of ADR scripts for records
• Communication with Casting Department to ensure all pertinent materials are at recording sessions
• Assist casting coordinator at records when needed
• Completing travel authorizations and coordinating travel for production crew both domestic and international
• Ordering supplies for crew/production through SAP E-Source and approved vendors
• Increasing crew morale by suggesting and organizing team-building activities (crew potlucks, birthday celebrations, etc.)
• Point person for facilities; contact operations for crew needs
• Filing & Photocopying as needed
• Distribution of materials
• Performing all other applicable duties as assigned by Line Producer/Executive
• Post music lyrics to show server
• Conform music lyrics from the locked animatic and send for Legal/Standards & Practices approval
• Ability to oversee multiple tasks and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
• Mac or PC proficient.
• Microsoft Office – knowledgeable use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
• Final Draft
• Adobe Acrobat Pro
• Adobe Photoshop
• Knowledge of SAP and Concur
• Associates degree or equivalent work experience
Status: Non-exempt hourly, Union OPEIU
About Disney Television Animation,Disney Channel, Walt Disney Television:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.