Post Production Coordinator , 20Th Century Studios
Walt Disney PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Post Production Coordinator (Dailies), 20th Century Studios
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
20th Century Studios has an exciting opportunity for a Post Production Coordinator (Dailies), reporting to the VP, Post Production.
• Support post production executive through answering and screening phones, scheduling appointments, and managing contacts.
• Act as the day-to-day liaison/first point of contact for Post and Dailies on all titles.
• Create and schedule conference calls with production, vendor and studio personnel through various stages of production and post.
• Support with research, solicitation and negotiation of post facility dailies bids.
• Collaborate with various departments to create dailies workflow documents.
• Set up studio executives, editorial and production teams with application accounts and monitor access for the duration of each title.
• Manage and upload data for various post production applications and databases.
• Work with production crew and post facilities to arrange shipments for and from editorial in distant locations.
• Support post production department assistant editors.
• Create and distribute dailies release schedule each day.
• Track assets incoming and outgoing to the department vault and catalogue into the department database.
• Liaise with corporate technical support to submit tickets and track progress and resolution.
• Create and manage purchase orders and track against film budget.
• Organize and prep dailies elements for final archival delivery.
• Minimum 2 years solid working knowledge of post-production operations.
• Familiarity with physical production or previous Studio production experience helpful.
• Working knowledge of applications such as PIX, Faspex, Aspera on Cloud, Filemaker Pro, Evercast, Clearview Flex and Adobe suite of tools etc.
• Working knowledge of post-production audio and video file formats.
• Familiarity with MacOS
• Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and organize multiple projects, with excellent follow through.
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to interface with vendors, internal executives and staff in a collaborative and problem-solving fashion.
• A strong customer service orientation with ability to anticipate and resolve routine questions or issues while still keeping senior executive aware of project status.
• Knowledge of purchase orders and expense reports.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds independently, or ability to use hand carts
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.