Pipeline Technical Director I
Walt Disney PicturesGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
The Pipeline Technical Director I is responsible for continued development and maintenance of the existing Shotgrid pipeline for the pre-production design team. The ideal candidate is adept at identifying the needs of the pre-production team and synthesizing those needs into efficient tools and automations that integrate with the existing Shotgrid tracking system. Maintaining Shotgrid data integrity within the system, and adding entities, fields, and links as needed is also a key requirement. This position works closely with the CG Supervisor, Creative Leadership, Production, the Technology Department, and other Technical Directors in Digital Production
• Design and code features, automation and functionality for the existing Shotgrid and Shotgrid Desktop systems based on input from Production.
• Regularly solicit input from system stakeholders and users.
• Coordinate the software, hardware, and licensing needs of the system with the Technology Department.
• Create or recommend tools or pipelines to increase efficiency.
• Monitor the automated data ingest of incoming shot data for editorial.
• Provide occasional technical support for shot and asset data for subcontractors and other groups in the Walt Disney Company specific to the pipeline.
• Promote a positive, productive, and highly collaborative work environment
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in animation or VFX production.
• Expert Shotgrid (formerly Shotgun) experience.
• Expert Python and MEL knowledge including working with complex object oriented systems.
• General familiarity with all stages of CG production including modeling, surfacing, rigging, lighting, rendering, fx, and compositing preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Maya and Nuke APIs preferred. Familiarity with other CG technologies such as Houdini, BiFrost, Arnold, Blender, After Effects, Redshift, vRay and Ornatrix a plus.
• Unix shell scripting experience a big plus.
• Experience with other production tracking systems, such as FTrack, a plus.
• Solution-oriented outlook and a proactive personality.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience working with subcontractor animation studios a plus.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Graphics, or Bachelor of Arts in Film and Animation Production, or equivalent industry experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.