Physical Production Coordinator
Walt Disney PicturesLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/15/2021 6:34:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Physical Production Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Physical Production Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Physical Production Coordinator? Physical Production Coordinator (Searchlight Pictures)
Searchlight Pictures, founded in 1994 as Fox Searchlight Pictures, is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures.
It has its own marketing and distribution operations and is part of The Walt Disney Studios. Searchlight Pictures titles have grossed over $5.3 billion worldwide and have amassed 26 Golden Globe Awards, 45 BAFTA awards, and 39 Academy Awards including four Best Picture winners since 2009: SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, 12 YEARS A SLAVE, BIRDMAN, THE SHAPE OF WATER.
Future releases include Scott Cooper's ANTLERS, Armando Iannucci's THE PERSONAL HISTORY OF DAVID COPPERFIELD, Wes Anderson's THE FRENCH DISPATCH, Michael Showalter's THE EYES OF TAMMY FAYE, Taika Waititi's NEXT GOAL WINS, Chloe Zhao's NOMADLAND, David Bruckner's THE NIGHT HOUSE, and Guillermo del Toro's NIGHTMARE ALLEY.
Each Production Executive is assigned film projects and interfaces with filmmakers during the set-up of the production, scheduling and budgeting of the project, oversight of production during filming, wrap of principal photography and beyond. The Production Coordinator provides support on all Searchlight features directly associated with the Production Executive's office.
Physical production interfaces with many departments in the studio, including but not limited to, Post, VFX, Creative, Music, Labor Relations, Legal, Casting, Clearances, Compliance, Content Security, Finance and Estimating, IT, Risk Management and Insurance, Product Placement, Marketing and Publicty.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physical Production Coordinator.
• Coordinate meetings and calls, travel, expense reports, and keep production grids and files up-to-date for the Production Executive.
• Act as Production Coordinator on features in early prep, book travel for filmmakers, schedule meetings with potential HODs, research locations and stage availability.
• Manage the processing of start paperwork (deal memos, timecards, purchase orders, check requests, petty cash and other related forms), before the production accountant is hired.
• Oversee projects on Scenechronize, ensure production documents are secure, accurate, and distributed accordingly.
• Provide studio contacts and policies, procedure manuals, and start memos for films supervised by Executive.
• Facilitate communication between production and the various studio departments, and work directly with production to secure day-to-day updates during set-up and production.
• Provide wrap guidelines at the end of principal photography and supervise delivery of production files.
• Liaise with production and the studio on assets (wardrobe, props, etc) during wrap and through distribution of the films.
• Update internal lists & contacts, oversee special projects and duties as required by the department.
• Occasional script analysis required (breakdown sets, cast & location).
• Provide administrative support to both the EVP and VP as needed.
• Solid familiarity with Film Production.
• Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Scenechronize knowledge a plus. SAP knowledge a plus.
• Computer skills, Mac knowledgeable, familiarity with Production scheduling and Budgeting programs a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly.
• Detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and maintain professionalism and service orientation.
• Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, keeping manager informed on completed tasks and status of current tasks at hand.
• Strong assistant skills a must (phones, calendar, contacts). Ability to resolve routine issues and raise complex issues to management.
• Ability to work with highly confidential material.
• Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
• Ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
• Bachelor's Degree in Film Production or equivalent experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.