Music Intern, Disney Animation Summer
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
The Walt Disney Animation Studios Music Department produces all music for Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios. Learn, adapt, and implement existing workflow for backup and archiving of digital music assets for current/ongoing and legacy productions at Disney and Pixar Animation. Coordinate digitizing of analog masters, transfers of digital tape masters and other formats to standard Pro Tools files.
• Contributing to the management of archives of digital music assets for current/ongoing and legacy Disney/Pixar productions
• Coordinating transfers of legacy audio formats to standard Pro Tools files
• Documenting procedures to create workflow manual
• Presenting periodic progress reports to supervisor
• Assisting with archive project implementation
• Assisting music staff with department functions
• Mac OS – advanced
• Unix OS – ability to navigate through terminal shells using basic commands
• Pro Tools – proficient
• Music background
• Knowledge of legacy analog and digital audio recording formats
• Desire to learn current and historical production methodologies
• Attention to detail and organizational skills
• Library Sciences beneficial
• Working towards or recently completed an undergraduate degree in music, film, computer science or related.
• At least 18 years of age
• Unrestricted work authorization
• Available full time for 12 weeks from May/June through August/September
• Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
• Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019's Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.