Music Coordinator, 20Th Century Studios
Walt Disney PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Searchlight Pictures is a global specialty film company that develops, produces, finances and acquires motion pictures for both worldwide theatrical and streaming releases. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and is part of The Walt Disney Studios, a division of The Walt Disney Company. Founded in 1994 as Fox Searchlight Pictures, the company's titles have grossed over $5 billion worldwide, amassing 28 Golden Globe Awards, 49 BAFTA awards, and 43 Academy Awards including five Best Picture winners since 2009: Slumdog Millionaire, 12 Years a Slave, Birdman, The Shape of Water, and Nomadland. Upcoming feature releases include Ahmir ''Questlove'' Thompson's award-winning Summer Of Soul (…Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised), David Bruckner's The Night House, Michael Showalter's The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Scott Cooper's Antlers, Guillermo del Toro's Nightmare Alley, Wes Anderson's The French Dispatch, and Taika Waititi's Next Goal Wins. The company includes Searchlight Television, which develops and produces series for streaming, network, and cable partners.
Music Coordinator position is an administrative support role in a highly creative and productive music department.
Provide day-to-day administrative support for Music Executive Team
• Incoming calls and general communication
• Calendar management and meeting invitations
• Filing of reference material and organization of music assets
• Timely preparation and filing of expense reports
• Coordinate domestic and international travel for music talent and music executives
• Track Current Scripts, Cast/Crew Reports and Production Schedules. Distribute Score session memos as directed
• Assemble & distribute production paperwork for Music Crews (start/close forms, SAG, AFM, etc)
• Process music production invoices
• Work closely with other members of the music department, including creative/production/ marketing/clearance and legal for all project related issues
• Other projects as assigned
• Experience in Music, Film, or TV Industry
• Passion for Music
• Highly organized, extremely detail oriented person with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to take initiative, be resourceful and flexible
• Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and follow through on projects
• Mac- and PC-proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and iTunes
• Knowledge of importing and exporting digital formats
• Pro-tools knowledge a plus
• Experience in Music Clearance
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.