Manager, Workforce Insights Partner
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Are you curious, creative, and love data? Do you love to learn new things and collaborate with colleagues and lead a team to solve hard and interesting problems?
Imagine yourself as a Manager in Workforce Insights at The Walt Disney Studios where your natural curiosity for discovering analytical insights and trends will help ensure we are making data-driven decisions within Human Resources (HR). In this role, you will work closely with the People Insights Center of Excellence and Studio Human Resource team to blaze new paths in this data rich environment through statistical modeling and employee research. You will have the chance to leverage your expertise and knowledge to maximize the Company's investment in our candidates and employees through complex analysis, data visualization, and compelling storytelling.
You have a curiosity that leads you to always ask, ''What's possible?'' and you have the ability to bring those concepts to reality in everything you touch from analysis to actionable insights to provide decision support for workforce related issues.
In this role, you will partner with the People Insights Center of Excellence to:
• Provide consultative support and ensure consistent reporting, analysis, and insights
• Effectively partner with HR Business Partners, Center-of-Excellence teams, and business leaders to deeply understand needs for metrics and research questions
• Deliver insights, dashboards, and forecasts that support business priorities through analyzing data from multiple sources including workforce demographics, recruitment, program effectiveness, learning and development, performance, and engagement
• Push insights to action through simple and relatable storytelling, visualizations, and polished presentations
• Drive decision making through data-based proposals and recommendations
• Drive process improvement of systems and processes to standardize and optimize efficiency for reporting and analytics
• Plan and manage automated, scalable work products (e.g., reports, dashboards, and scorecards) to stakeholders at meaningful timepoints
• Empower stakeholders to self-serve, interpret, and apply insights through training and consultation
• Help to develop tools that enable HR Business Partner and Infrastructure teams to collect, organize, and present critical data and insights about people and organization trends as needs emerge
• Manage Employee Surveys (Onboarding, Experience and Exit)
• Collaborate with People Research on survey questions and design
• Manage the administration of survey processes including socialization, communications, and marketing to increase response rates
• Collaborate with Decision Science to analyze and roll out survey results
• Manage creation of report templates and reporting of data from surveys at the Studio, business unit, and department levels
• Consult with clients on ad-hoc research questions, surveys, and focus groups
• Drive partnerships and engagement
• Collaborate across boundaries to build and drive both internal and external partnerships to support synergistic opportunities, achievement of shared objectives, and connectivity of information
• Manage multiple concurrent projects, including developing project plans, facilitating work and meetings as a Project Manager, and providing ongoing project updates
• Serve as a People Leader to Workforce analyst and interns
• Manage research spending within Workforce Insights budget
• Experience and understanding working with quantitative and qualitative people data including workforce metrics and sentiment
• Strong influencing and networking skills to help build and foster existing consultative relationships that drive synergy and partnership opportunities
• Exceptional ability to present analytics in a way that tells a story and experience presenting insights to non-technical audiences
• Exceptional organization and project management skills with ability to prioritize multiple, interdependent projects while monitoring and communicating progress and make timely and effective decisions to meet fluid deadlines
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to effectively handle and maintain confidential information
• Independent follow through on commitments with minimal oversight
• Ability to focus on the here and now while keeping a keen eye to the future and the organizational capability to prioritize work
• Passion for continuous improvement and continued learning in the field of workforce insights to keep abreast on industry trends for metrics, benchmarks, research, and analysis
• Familiarity with HR and data systems (Workday, Cognos), visualization tools (Tableau), and statistical software (SAS,R)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.