Manager, Studio Sourcing - Covid-19 Response
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/16/2020 6:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Studio Sourcing - Covid-19 Response jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Studio Sourcing - Covid-19 Response postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Studio Sourcing - Covid-19 Response? Manager, Studio Sourcing - Covid-19 Response (Project Hire)
This employee will identify and lead Studio Sourcing initiatives related to the Studio's response to the Covid-19 pandemic, ensuring these initiatives meet the price, quality, reliability, and security requirements of our teams. This role will principally be focused on identifying, vetting, and contracting with suppliers providing services that all our worldwide production and business activities to continue to operate safely. The employee is also expected to have a close, collaborative relationship with Studio physical production teams, including Disney Live Action, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Studios, as well as other parts of the Walt Disney Studios. This role will also collaborate with colleagues from across the Walt Disney Company to share best practices and focus on continuous improvement of the programs to keep our employees safe during the pandemic. The person for this role should have a detailed understanding of sourcing practices and a background in health and/or physical production.
This position reports to the Director, Studio Sourcing & Strategy.
• SOURCING PROJECTS
• Implement sourcing strategy that addresses needs of the Walt Disney Studios Covid-19 pandemic response to help provide a safe working environment for our employees, with a strong focus on physical production activities
• Ensure related sourcing initiatives meet the price, quality, reliability, and security requirements of Studio productions
• BUSINESS UNIT ALIGNMENT & PARTNERSHIP
• Build close relationships with stakeholders from Walt Disney Studios teams to build a detailed understanding of their strategic goals and priorities in order to develop supporting sourcing and strategic initiatives
• Build relationships with key business unit stakeholders to facilitate ongoing and potential initiatives
• Work across these teams, along with colleagues across The Walt Disney Company, to identify opportunities to use common suppliers
• SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT & COLLABORATION
• Build and maintain relationships at suppliers to ensure mutual understanding of strategies and organizational priorities
• Collaborate with suppliers to ensure on-going operational improvements are implemented to ensure stakeholder business objectives are met
• Maintain a high-level of understanding of ongoing trends in the Covid-19 response across health care and the media industries.
• LEADERSHIP, TEAM DEVELOPMENT, & CULTURE
• Build an inclusive, high-performance team environment that supports, respects, and celebrates the contributions and perspectives of all team members
• Fostering a collaborative environment among stakeholders and with other supporting teams (e.g., Legal, Finance, other Sourcing teams)
• Minimum 5 years related experience in finance, operations, strategic sourcing and/or supply chain disciplines with increasing leadership responsibility
• Strong conceptual ability coupled with a proven track record of implementing sourcing, strategic, and process improvement initiatives
• Proven track record in fact-based negotiations or equivalent contract analysis experience.
• Must be able to:
• Analyze deal terms and understand operational and financial implications of executing the terms of the arrangement
• Develop negotiation plan to achieve desired business outcome
• Work collaboratively and interactively with Legal and Business Unit stakeholders throughout negotiation process
• Document final agreement with a package of a signed contract and communication plan to stakeholders
• Advanced project management skills with demonstrated track record of process improvement and desire to implement best practices
• Familiarity with motion picture production workflow and suppliers and/or health care sourcing would be beneficial
• Self-motivated individual capable of managing work with little direct supervision
• Ability to lead and influence multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with cast members and third party partners at all levels
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
• Highly professional and customer-service oriented
• Demonstrated strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• Bachelor degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.