Manager, Production Legal Affairs
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios seeks Manager, Legal Affairs to join the Legal Production team to handle day-to-day production matters, drafting, reviewing and negotiating below-the-line production agreements; and providing assistance to the legal affairs team with other special projects as may be necessary from time to time.
• Draft, review and negotiate below-the-line production and third party agreements, including location agreements, office space rentals, leases, equipment rentals, manufacture agreements, vendor agreements, aviation and drone rentals, watercraft agreements, prop rentals, credit applications, etc.
• Work with producers and production personnel regarding day-to-day legal and production issues
• Partner with Finance, Labor Relations, Production Executive, and Risk Management teams to maintain alignment
• Compare and proofread agreements and related materials
• Handle execution and distribution of approved agreements
• Respond to legal inquiries; raise and escalate legal issues as necessary
• Maintain library of below-the-line production agreements
• Track and prepare reports relating to status of production agreements
• Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned or requested
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of three years of previous experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts at an entertainment company, law firm and/or a strong motion picture production coordinator or supervisor background
• Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex issues and devise solutions independently
• Highly organized, efficient, adaptable, with ability to multi-task under pressure, extremely accurate and detailed oriented
• Strong communications skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.