Manager, Network Engineering
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/20/2021 7:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Network Engineering jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Network Engineering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Network Engineering? Job Summary:
The Network Engineering team is responsible for the design, implementation, and support of innovative solutions that provide connectivity between multiple locations around the world. The team designs and operates direct connectivity to public cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google), SaaS providers, Post Production houses, and Internet-based service providers. These solutions directly support the Walt Disney Studio business and production needs
On the production side, the team provides interconnect solutions to multiple studios including Pixar, WDAS, ILM, Lucas, Marvel, MPP, Fox, and Skysound. The central nature of the team facilitates a common ecosystem to support all studio functions and the constant build-out of workflows, productions, and platforms. The team is also responsible for supporting all of the underlying network infrastructures for all production and post-production service organizations at the Disney Burbank Lot (DDSS, Sound, Editorial, etc.). Critical customer and third-party application environments also run on the Studio Production Network, such as Order to Inventory, Wonderland, CASTL, Secure Depot, Delta, etc. The team supports an extensive metro area and wide area network, interconnecting data centers, campus networks, remote offices, and partners.
In this role, you will be managing a group of talented engineers that support day-to-day network needs for multiple movie production networks around the world. You will be responsible for ensuring our Story Tellers have access to all the different tools they need to create Disney's amazing content.
• Work closely with and provide advice and support to production and act as the first point of contact on network technology matters for all cast and crew on location
• Liaison between onsite critical production engineering groups and vendors
• Contribute to all parts of the employee life cycle, including recruiting, hiring, managing, and mentoring engineers
• Collaborate with other engineering teams to optimize processes and procedures
• Work with vendors to align with organization vision and strategy
• Exercise consistent rigor in maintaining documentation for Network Engineering Change Orders, deployments, methods, and procedures, etc.
• Adapt to rapidly evolving environment, quickly absorb new information and provide solutions, re-prioritize as needed
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing network team(s)
• Experience supporting ISP or a Major Enterprise network(s) in a 7x24x365 fashion
• Available to work in a follow the sun support model, after hours, weekends, some holidays and providing L3 on-call support on a rotation basis
• Experience coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance, and career development
• Exposure to multi-vendor network environments (Juniper, Arista, Cisco, Brocade, Aruba, Palo Alto, F5, Infinera, Ciena)
• Experience running and supporting high availability infrastructure
• Exposure to Public Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure and/or GCP)
• Consistent track record of handling escalations on large-scale and mission-critical networks
• Exposure to large scale monitoring and alerting systems
• Understanding or Network theory and services (TCP/IP, UDP/IP, 7 layers of OSI, DNS, DHCP)
• Local and Networked File Systems (NFS, SMB, DFS, NTFS)
• Video streaming theory, standards, and concepts
• Understanding of Network Security principles and best practices
• Previous Studio production experience
• A Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Network Engineering or Electrical Engineering or matching work experience
Nice to have:
• Certifications (JNCIE-DC, JNCIE-ENT, JNCIE-SP, JNCIS-MistAI, ACE-A, PCNSE, PCSAE, CCIE, CCAr, BIG-IP, DDI Professional)
• Professional and expert level industry Cloud Certifications (Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions, Microsoft Azure Architect Design, AWS Advanced Networking, AWS Security, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect)
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.