Manager, Music Clearance
Walt Disney PicturesUrbank, CA
Full Time Job
Perform all aspects of music clearance, licensing, and rights acquisitions for third-party master recordings and musical compositions for use in marketing/promotion campaigns on behalf of all production divisions of Walt Disney Studios (Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel, Disney , Hulu, Lucasfilm, Searchlight Pictures and 20th Century Studios) under the supervision of the Director of Music Clearance; handle all administrative activities in connection therewith
• Identify and locate all copyright owners of the requested musical works. If applicable, conduct historical research and collaborate with the Department Head and Music Business/Legal to determine public-domain status of older works.
• Maintain and track all ''boilerplate'' music library deals, and when needed, re-negotiate under Department Head's supervision
• Negotiate and secure library licenses for all third-party compositions and recordings within company policy guidelines, including advertising, digital download and streaming rights
• Communicate directly and frequently with Marketing and Home Entertainment departments to service their music licensing needs
• Draft, review and update music license requests, confirmation letters and related documents and communications
• Establish and maintain strong working relationship with all outside vendors
• Monitor the status of all licenses, options and deal terms throughout execution and payment process
• Responsible for data entry about each deal, prepare deal letters and payment documents on each project
• 7 years' relevant experience
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate ability to work with others as a collaborative team player
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Strong and wide understanding of music clearance process
• Critical and strategic thinker, taking initiative to create and implement new systems within our changing environment
• Strong negotiation skills
• Critical and strategic thinker
• Extremely fine attention to details
• Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly
• Excellent overall skills including Microsoft Office, and a willingness to learn other computer programs applicable to the position
• Bachelors Degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.