Manager, Mastering Services
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The primary function of the Manager, Mastering Services is to work with Disney Mastering Title Producers and Third-Party vendors to ensure the on-time delivery of Disney studio masters to Studio inventory and downstream distribution vendors. The Manager must be technically knowledgeable, through the gathering and understanding of business requirements, technical specifications, schedules and workflows.
Services offered by Disney Digital Studio Services include sound mixing, editorial rooms, theatre and screening room operation, as well as a broad array of digital file based services in support of filmmaking, mastering, asset finishing, and distribution.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the facility, including creating work orders, billing, issuing purchase orders, ISO 9001 compliance and metric reporting. Partners with other managers to maintain the schedule book of our businesses and operations (including rooms, equipment, QC, delivery, etc.). Ensures that the proper time and facilities are available for work across the portfolio of business units in DDSS.
• Proactively maintains and communicates ongoing daily status work, resolving changing schedules as needed. Manages the day-to-day priorities of Digital Operators and ensures work is closed out and billed in a timely manner.
• Build partnerships across operations and Studio allies to create innovative work-flows that are cost-effective, efficient, on time, and deliver quality.
• Provides high level customer service to clients, by understanding their Production Schedule needs and liaises with other departments (i.e. QC, Engineering, etc.) to ensure proper environment set up and availability of staff, rooms, food, etc. This often includes pairing clients with the right experts for consultation.
• Partners with Operation Managers in ensuring the facility is at its best, including managing storage, data I/O, equipment needs and other operational requirements to support the facility.
• Identifies opportunities to improve existing workflows/systems and understand new technologies that we can leverage to be the most effective, innovative, and secure facility in the industry.
• Lead a team responsible for mastering services with a focus on constant improvement.
• Train and develop team to ensure 24-hour support as needed to for our customers. Ensure direct and indirect reports are the most effective teams in the industry.
• At least 8 years' experience partnering with Mastering and executives.
• Strong understanding of the motion picture post production process and technical delivery requirements.
• Strong understanding of Master Formats and deliverables including IMF, TIFF, DPX, UHD, HDR and sound formats as well as HDR specs and metadata.
• Strong understanding of Mastering tools, including Colorfront, Clipster, Resolve and others.
• Familiarity with facilities' rate cards and understanding how to present rates/budgets to clients.
• Experience leading a team with strong focus on collaboration.
• Excellent organization, interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
• Experience in Media management software – MediaPulse, Salesforce, etc.
• College Degree Preferred (field of study Media, Cinema, Post Production, etc. preferred).
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.