Manager, HR Business Partner
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/10/2021 9:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, HR Business Partner jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, HR Business Partner postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, HR Business Partner? Job Summary:
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios seeks a Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join the Human Resources team. This team is a highly visible department that plays an integral part in key talent decisions across the Studio organization.
The Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will support production groups, collaborating with business leaders, executives, and the Director, HRBP to guide the development of HR strategies that attract, develop, and retain talent. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong business acumen, Human Resources (HR) and Organization Development (OD) expertise, and consulting skills.
As a forward-looking business partner, the Manager will proactively assess business performance to identify gaps and initiate partnerships to develop HR solutions that promote organizational and employee effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have experience in strategy development, organization design, diversity and inclusion, and talent management strategies that builds client focus, efficiency, speed, and results. The Manager will work closely with HR infrastructure (e.g., Compensation, Recruiting, ER, Training, Labor Relations, and OD) and functional partners to deliver solutions and change management plans that provide sustainable benefits. The Manager will also serve as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and processes (e.g., merit and promotion planning, performance management and talent planning) in order to optimize employee engagement and productivity.
• Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning, etc.)
• Drive people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees are respected and valued
• Drive the implementation of HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business priorities and goals of TWDS
• Assess organizational performance, identify talent gaps, and propose HR solutions that support the business
• Partner with the TWDS and Enterprise Center of Excellence (COE) Support functions to leverage functional expertise
• Build compelling presentations leveraging workforce analytics and insights to focus leaders on relevant business issues and assessing potential solutions
• Integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to the workplace
• Translate near and long-term operating goals into HR processes, projects, and assignments and integrates and initiates the work with key stakeholders and functional partners to ensure appropriate solutions are delivered to support business strategies
• Be available to all employees as a coach, counselor, and mentor; be effective at rallying everyone toward the common goals of the Studio and be an effective bridge builder across all functions and levels within the organization.
• 5 years experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field
• Understands how to influence change within dynamic environments
• Demonstrated success in synthesizing complex business data and developing innovative and holistic solutions
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units, teams and HR partners from inception through completion
• Ability to maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individual client and overall Studio needs
• Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
• Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically
• Strong facilitation skills applicable across formal and informal (eg, coaching, mentoring) approaches
• Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and developed presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
• Exceptional collaboration skills and ability to effectively work across functions and organization
• Embraces working and operating in a highly collaborative and communicative environment
• Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity
• Innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or equivalent experience
• MBA or MHR preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.