Manager, Finance - Studio Operations
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Studio Operations is focused on the execution and delivery of Disney studio content. With shrinking timelines and increased complexity of deliverables, we strive to deliver more and faster, without decreasing quality, security or increasing overhead costs. Studio Operations Finance is focused on providing operational support to our business partners to ensure that they have the most efficient and cost-effective workflows and filmmaker services.
Reporting to the Director, this position will partner with other finance team members to support a diverse organization and own financial planning responsibility for the Digital Studio, Post Production Facilities, the Vault, and Theatrical Mastering. As well as oversee the line of business consolidation, allocations and overhead reporting.
• Interface with various levels of management across Studio Operations
• Manage preparation of the financial inputs to the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan and quarterly forecasts, including the accompanying senior management presentations
• Partner with stakeholders to develop and manage financial assumptions
• Oversee the quarterly close process (e.g. accrual recommendations), working closely with studio controllership on variance to forecast analysis
• Work closely with the stakeholders to ensure title-related and overhead costs are properly funded and on budget
• Analyze key drivers of spend to improve effectiveness and efficiency
• Work with functional leaders and other partners to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency across financial planning processes, tools, and reporting
• Create ad-hoc financial models, analyses, reports, and related presentation materials
• Oversee the consolidation of studio operations, allocations, and related communications to various lines of businesses
• Draft capital project business cases and provide financial support for multiple capital projects to expand our post-production facilities
• Develop and sustain a centralized overhead reporting process
• Oversee ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned; demonstrate an understanding of project management methodology (e.g. develop project plans, monitor progress, communicate to stakeholders)
• Manage a team of 1-2 staff
• Demonstrate professional excellence, integrity and dependability
• Possess the ability to work effectively with all levels of management
• Embrace working in a highly collaborative environment
• Independent and creative thinker
• Intellectually curious and able to diplomatically challenge the status quo
• Proactive and adaptive communication style, able to effectively communicate with people from various disciplines, organizations, geographic locations, and management levels
• Ability to organize and manage projects of varying complexity and length
• Ability to present and discuss work and results within and beyond finance, including the development of appropriate schedules and presentation materials
• Analytical and financial modeling skills applying strategic thinking as well as an understanding of execution needs
• Ability to multi-task, work well with others in a fast-paced environment, and keep supervisor promptly informed
• Systems agnostic, able to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and tools
• Strong knowledge of advanced Excel (including macros), PowerPoint, SAP, and Cognos TM1
• Previous studio experience a plus
• BA/BS required
• MBA preferred
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.