Manager, Content & Marketing Worldwide Research
Walt Disney PicturesUrbank, CA
Full Time Job
For the Studio Research & Analytics team at the Walt Disney Studios, the entertainment consumer is at the heart of everything we do. We are charged with finding the best methods to understand our customers' thoughts, feelings, and behaviors across an ever-changing entertainment marketplace. We do this in pursuit of making our films and TV series the best they can be, and shaping marketing campaigns around the world. As part of the Studio Research & Analytics Team, you will join a dynamic group of research professionals who love movies and TV series, and are passionate about bringing the consumer voice into studio decision making.
In partnership with the Sr. Manager, this position works with the team responsible for managing primary quantitative and qualitative research studies for all content made by The Walt Disney Studio. These include movies and TV series released in theaters, on Disney , Star, and Hulu. This includes content made by the Studio brands including Marvel, Lucas, Pixar, Disney Animation, Disney Live Action, and 20th Century Studios. The manager plays an instrumental role in the day-to-day management of several simultaneously occurring research projects being conducted including but not limited to screenings, ad testing, exit polling, tracking, and positioning studies.
• Work with a knowledgeable and dynamic team to oversee and make key contributions to research projects from inception to completion, including the development of appropriate methodologies, data analysis and report delivery.
• Help manage research projects for Studio movie campaigns, both domestic and international. This includes, but is not limited to, creative testing, screenings, and exit surveys.
• Attend focus groups and screenings, both domestically and internationally, and synthesize the findings for production and marketing executives.
• Work with the team to manage a syndicated title tracking for Studio releases, both domestically and internationally.
• Help setup and manage in-house research screenings for our Studio production partners.
• Working with the larger research team to ensure that the detailed findings and recommendations of every report are on target and provide strategic guidance to The Walt Disney Studios.
• Manage numerous ad-hoc, custom quantitative and qualitative research projects on an as needed basis.
• Help maintain the research department's repository, posting and updating data as necessary.
• Build and maintain relationships with research counterparts from other divisions of The Walt Disney Company as well as external vendors.
• Respond to time sensitive data requests from internal clients.
• 3-5 years quantitative and qualitative market research experience.
• Must have a research background, either supplier-side, client-side, or some combination.
• Living or willing to relocate to the Los Angeles area.
• Some local travel required to participate in in-person screenings and eventual international travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work non-traditional hours when needed to cover early memos, or screenings and focus groups after the standard work day.
• Solid project management skills and experience, including questionnaire design, and data analysis.
• Must have strong multitasking capabilities and the ability to work effectively in an environment of tight deadlines and constant change.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexible personality, quick learner and a strong, pro-active work ethic.
• Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a larger 10 person team
• A attitude and work ethic. Looking for a passionate person that is willing to learn all aspects of Studio Research.
• Entertainment Market Research experience a plus but not a requirement.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Psychology or related field.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.