Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a new talented Compensation Manager to join the Studio Compensation Team! In this role, the incumbent will partner closely with HR Business Partners, the Talent Acquisition team, Compensation Partners across the enterprise, Employee Relations, Labor Relations and Global HR Operations in the planning, development, implementation, and administration of compensation programs and guidelines for their respective client groups.
In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• Providing guidance and pay recommendations for employees primarily at the Director and Below Level;
• Will conduct and participate in internal and external market studies;
• Evaluate jobs and development of job families in support of business needs;
• Additionally, this role will project manage a variety of initiatives, ranging from internal process improvements to client driven programs which may include: conducting analysis of both union and non-union jobs; and providing recommendations to senior leaders within the organization around regulatory matters;
• Working closely with the Studio Compensation, will be the primary lead for the Annual Compensation Planning Process (ACP)
• This includes establishing an overall project plan for assigned client groups for the annual merit plan and the eventual upgrades in the planning tool to include stock and bonus planning;
• Set-up and administration of the salary planning system and related tools;
• Partnering with HR/Compensation, SAP's technical experts and HRIS as necessary
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum five years of experience in compensation or a business-related area with experience related to managing compensation databases and salary administration systems;
• Candidates must also be proficient in PC-based spreadsheets and databases with strong knowledge of Excel and Access.
• Success in servicing a client base will require excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact and negotiate with all levels of management;
• Requires an individual who is a quick study and able to work in an evolving environment by gaining knowledge of his/his business through interaction with clients and first-hand knowledge of their specific industries;
• Candidate competencies should include project management, time-management and teamwork;
• Excellent analytical skills, detail oriented, and responsive;
• Must be able to independently yet contribute to a team;
• Qualified candidates must be inquisitive and must possess problem-solving skills and a strong business acumen;
• Exceptional organizational skills should be complemented by a flexible approach to shifting priorities on multiple assignments
• Familiarity with SAP, WORKDAY or other HRIS system is a plus
• BS Degree in Human Resources, Finance or a Business-related field
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.