Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios is seeking a forward thinking, motivated, HR Coordinator, with strong administrative skills, who is interested in gaining business experience by supporting the VP, Human Resources, and the HR Business Partner team.
• Provide high caliber general administrative support to the VP, Human Resources and team (answer phones, schedule meetings/conference rooms, make travel arrangements, process expense reports, order supplies and process invoices, respond to inquiries, etc.);
• Fully participate in managing the workflow of the office in a timely and effective manner (ownership of projects, basic research for ad hoc projects, budget oversight, reports, headcount management, staff communication and other critical HR projects and processes);
• Work closely with the executives to successfully and tactfully manage the calendar and time (proactively manage calendar; anticipate issues and resolve promptly; identify applicable materials/files for meetings);
• Proactively analyze, make recommendations and resolve office administrative and procedural challenges;
• Utilizing relevant technologies, develop and maintain a highly effective and efficient follow up system;
• Set priorities, meet deadlines and follow up on assignments with a minimum of direction; Maintain accurate and timely department lists (email, office phone, cell etc);
• Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents; Create a positive environment for all who interact with the office and team;
• Other miscellaneous duties and projects assigned, as needed.
• Work with HR Business partner team to creatively solve problems and assist clients with requests, workflow, and HR questions
• Demonstrated experience supporting an executive office as a highly collaborative and well integrated partner;
• Previous administrative support experience working with senior level executives (Disney experience a plus);
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work exceptionally well with executives, staff, external associates at all levels, and as part of a larger departmental team;
• Ability to manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative;
• Highly skilled in meeting deadlines, prioritizing work and driving quality results;
• Approaches work with a high degree of organization, attention to detail, and strong follow-up skills;
• Ability to make decisions when there is a lack of information and the ability to change course of action quickly;
• Maintains a positive, professional demeanor under pressure and is resourceful and flexible
• Effective communicator, both verbally and written; including crafting email communications and preparing presentation decks.
• Approaches work with a strong sense of purpose, competence, authority and compassion; Regularly applies critical thinking to understanding and resolving issues;
• Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP;
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule. Some overtime required.
• Previous experience in Human Resources
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.