HR Business Partner
Walt Disney PicturesBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
• Work with HR, employees and leaders to create a place where employees and crew want to work and can be successful as their authentic selves
• Partner with the HRBP community and leadership to drive strategic initiatives of the assigned client group at The Walt Disney Studios
• Develop, maintain, and demonstrate working knowledge of the business and take a consultative approach with clients, anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities.
• Consult with clients on moderately complex HR processes, procedures, precedents, and initiatives engaging appropriate centers of excellence (COE) partners as required.
• Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and engage with Employee Relations as needed
• Partner with HR and Leaders to implement and monitor the success of key Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives.
• Analyze data and present in a compelling way that influences audience to take action on recommendations
• Advise on effective headcount/resource management and partner with talent acquisition to ensure a fair and effective recruitment process
• Work with leaders on organizational design, change management, and culture.
• Influence clients to take a near and long-term view on engaging in key talent processes including talent review, succession planning, leadership development, and talent assessment.
• Works closely with HR Leaders, department leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Support the integrated salary planning process by effectively working with management and Compensation to ensure timely and accurate planning and execution.
• Partner with Learning Development team to co-facilitate key learning opportunities, as needed.
• Participate as an active member of the HR community, building relationships across the HR team and supporting other HR initiatives and projects as required.
• Assists with employee communications (both through design and providing input), as required.
• Participate in special projects at both the HRBP team and client level.
• Minimum of 4 year's human resources generalist or HR functional experience in progressively responsible roles supporting a diversity of functional groups including executive level employees.
• Strong business acumen with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information.
• Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships.
• Excellent consulting and conflict management skills.
• Experience working with senior executives in an ''influence-without-authority'' role.
• Experience, exposure, and comfort with a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development, and/or compensation.
• Ability to function independently, with minimal supervision, and thrive within a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Demonstrated experience working as a trusted advisor.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong use of independent judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
• Advanced level skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly interpret data, identify trends, and recommend multiple solutions.
• Strong organizational, motivational, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities with grace and efficiency.
• Strong team player and ability to function in a matrixed co-leadership environment.
• Working knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws.
• Experience directly supporting clients in an HRBP capacity.
• Experience supporting Media or Production environments.
• SAP or Workday experience.
• Project management experience.
• Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.